Snow joke for some in North Devon
IT was snow joke for some of the animals at Exmoor Zoo on Friday as early wintry showers and icy temperatures assailed North Devon.
This agouti and his friend were baffled when their world turned white – unsurprising since their hereditary habitat is the tropical rainforests.
Fortunately for most of North Devon the feared snow and disruption did not materialise but temperatures over the weekend plunged to -5 degrees centigrade.
The RAF Search and Rescue helicopter crew from Chivenor were praised for “incredible” flying on Friday after rescuing two casualties from the frozen Brecon Beacons in South Wales, a 70-year-old man with a leg injury and hypothermia, plus a mountain rescuer who had sustained a head wound.
The cold snap is set to continue for the rest of the week.
You may also want to watch:
See the North Devon Gazette on Wednesday for more on this story.
- 1 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 2 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 3 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 4 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 5 North Devon seconds look to bounce back from heavy defeat
- 6 Pensioner gets suspended sentence for 'unspeakable abuse images'
- 7 Devon County Council Elections: Candidate lists for North Devon and Torridge
- 8 Shocked Barnstaple burglary victim watched raid on phone
- 9 Big opening-day wins for Bideford and Braunton
- 10 New Barnstaple restaurant offers Fine Dining at Home