Snow forecast for the weekend
- Credit: Archant
Snow forecast for Sunday and Monday in North Devon.
THE COLD snap isn’t over yet as the Met Office has issued fresh warnings for snow over the weekend.
The warning is in place from 12.05am on Sunday and run until 11.59pm on Monday.
A spokesman for the Met Office said: “There is a risk that a band of rain spreading from the southwest during Sunday will turn to sleet and snow. “There is the potential for accumulations up to 10 cm in places and the public should be aware of possible disruption to travel.
“[On Monday] outbreaks of rain, sleet and snow will gradually clear from the northwest.
You may also want to watch:
“There is the potential for further accumulations of up to 10 cm in places and ice will increasingly become a hazard.”
If you spot any snow, send your photos to iwitness24 using the link on the top right of the page.
- 1 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 2 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 3 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 4 Tractor guidance systems taken from farm near Bideford
- 5 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 6 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 7 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 8 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 9 South Molton youngsters enjoy Land Rover Premiership Rugby Cup
- 10 Barnstaple firm develops new anti-Covid alloy to replace stainless steel