Snow forecast for the weekend
- Credit: Archant
Snow forecast for Sunday and Monday in North Devon.
THE COLD snap isn’t over yet as the Met Office has issued fresh warnings for snow over the weekend.
The warning is in place from 12.05am on Sunday and run until 11.59pm on Monday.
A spokesman for the Met Office said: “There is a risk that a band of rain spreading from the southwest during Sunday will turn to sleet and snow. “There is the potential for accumulations up to 10 cm in places and the public should be aware of possible disruption to travel.
“[On Monday] outbreaks of rain, sleet and snow will gradually clear from the northwest.
You may also want to watch:
“There is the potential for further accumulations of up to 10 cm in places and ice will increasingly become a hazard.”
If you spot any snow, send your photos to iwitness24 using the link on the top right of the page.
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 5 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 6 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 7 Man left with 'life changing' injuries after assault in Barnstaple
- 8 Sale of Bideford's Brunswick Wharf completed
- 9 'Monster' jailed after abuse victim tells judge of his torment
- 10 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal