Snow disrupts Gazette delivery
HEAVY snow has delayed the delivery of this week's North Devon Gazette. The newspaper, printed in Dagenham, is not expected to reach North Devon-based distribution supervisors until tomorrow morning (Thursday) at the earliest. People can expect the Gazette to be del
HEAVY snow has delayed the delivery of this week's North Devon Gazette.
The newspaper, printed in Dagenham, is not expected to reach North Devon-based distribution supervisors until tomorrow morning at the earliest.
People can expect the Gazette to be delivered to their homes by the end of the week.
The newspapers made it as far as Axminster at 5am this morning but could go no further due to heavy snow in the area.
You may also want to watch:
It was hoped to be able to ship it up to North Devon in smaller vehicles but because of the conditions and the closure of the North Devon Link Road, it has not been possible to do this.
"We apologise to all of our readers and advertisers," said Gazette publishing manager Lyn Brodie. "Obviously this situation is totally out of our control and we hope to resume normal service as soon as possible."
- 1 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 2 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 3 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 4 Northam Murder: Grieving family condemn killer's lies and cruelty
- 5 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 6 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 7 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 8 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 9 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 10 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
This week's North Devon Gazette can be viewed by following the "E Edition" tab on the right of the homepage.