Snow and sleet possible this weekend
- Credit: Archant
Cold weather will hit on Sunday after a relatively mild week.
A SPELL of sleet and snow is expected to hit South West England on Sunday following a relatively mild week.
The Met Office today (Friday) issued a yellow grade weather warning for snow for parts of the region.
The warning carried through until 9pm on Monday, with strong, easterly winds that will feel very cold.
Accumulations of three to five cm of snow could also occur quite widely.
You may also want to watch:
A chief forecaster for the Met Office said: “A low pressure system moving up from the Atlantic will come up against the influx of cold air from the north, bringing persistent sleet and snow.
“At the same time winds will increase, with gusts to 50 mph on coasts and hills.
- 1 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 2 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 3 MISSING: Police search for David Kose from Ilfracombe
- 4 Street food traders revealed for South Molton Food and Drink Festival
- 5 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 6 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 7 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 8 Celebrating 15 years of North Devon charity Families in Grief
- 9 North Devon Emergency Department in top ten for patient experience
- 10 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
“At this stage there is uncertainty about how far north precipitation will push, and also the extent to which snow will settle on the recently warmed ground, and this warning is likely to be updated.”
Keep checking back for more updates.
If you spot any snow this weekend send your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet us @northdevon24.