Snap inspection for 'good' school
BRAUNTON School and Community College has been rated overall as good and improving by Ofsted inspectors. Staff, students and the governors are delighted with the report, which followed just 24 hours of notice and then a thorough two day inspection by a
BRAUNTON School and Community College has been rated overall as "good and improving" by Ofsted inspectors.
Staff, students and the governors are delighted with the report, which followed just 24 hours of notice and then a thorough two day inspection by a team of four inspectors.
The school was graded "outstanding" for its "safeguarding" aspect. Principal Dave Sharratt said was a testimony to the hard work of the staff team, ably supported by the governing body. It was previously rated "satisfactory and improving."
"This report endorses the hard work the staff team have invested to improve every aspect of the school for our learners," he said.
You may also want to watch:
"We have been given some very helpful recommendations that will enable us to work towards overall outstanding when we are inspected again.
"I would also like to thank the students, parents, the governing body and our learning community partners for the part they have played in helping to improve this school."
- 1 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 2 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 3 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 4 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 5 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 6 'Spot The Oddity' in Bideford for your chance to win £100
- 7 Northam Murder: Expert says trail of clues link carer to the scene
- 8 Plan to replace old North Devon Leisure Centre with housing submitted
- 9 Stars taking part in the Queen's Theatre's 2021 pantomime announced
- 10 Northam widow was found half under her bed by carer
The team of inspectors observed most of the teaching staff across the entire curriculum and completed "learning walks" with a focus on our provision for students with additional learning needs.
The team listened carefully to the students' views by interviewing a range of student groups to elicit their experiences at Braunton School.
In addition, the Ofsted team looked at the views of 180 parents and more than 100 students who completed questionnaires about their view of the school.
The first section of the inspectors' report states: "Braunton School and Community College is good and improving. "The school is a welcoming and positive community where students feel safe, enjoy their learning and achieve well. The school has made major strides forward in the three years since its last inspection.