Smokers get help to kick the habit in South Molton
- Credit: Archant
New clinic offers confidential advice to smokers in the town.
SMOKERS in South Molton are being offered a helping hand to quit the habit at a new clinic in the town.
Anyone aged 16 or over can now take advantage of free, one-to-one, confidential support at the Amory Centre on Tuesday afternoons.
The weekly sessions from midday to 3pm are run by the Health Promotion Devon team from the Northern Devon Healthcare NHS Trust.
Specialist adviser Lyn Tehver, who is leading the clinic, said: “Research shows you are four times more likely to give up with NHS support, so it’s important that as many people as possible can access a local clinic.”
You may also want to watch:
Similar clinics are held in Barnstaple on Mondays and Fridays; in Bideford on Wednesdays and Thursdays; in Braunton on Tuesdays; Ilfracombe on Thursdays; and in Chulmleigh on Mondays.
To make an appointment or to find out more, call 01884 836024 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 2 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 3 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 4 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 5 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 6 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 7 Tractor guidance systems taken from farm near Bideford
- 8 Barnstaple Pannier Market support return of Barnstaple In Bloom
- 9 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 10 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar