Smokers get help to kick the habit in South Molton
- Credit: Archant
New clinic offers confidential advice to smokers in the town.
SMOKERS in South Molton are being offered a helping hand to quit the habit at a new clinic in the town.
Anyone aged 16 or over can now take advantage of free, one-to-one, confidential support at the Amory Centre on Tuesday afternoons.
The weekly sessions from midday to 3pm are run by the Health Promotion Devon team from the Northern Devon Healthcare NHS Trust.
Specialist adviser Lyn Tehver, who is leading the clinic, said: “Research shows you are four times more likely to give up with NHS support, so it’s important that as many people as possible can access a local clinic.”
Similar clinics are held in Barnstaple on Mondays and Fridays; in Bideford on Wednesdays and Thursdays; in Braunton on Tuesdays; Ilfracombe on Thursdays; and in Chulmleigh on Mondays.
To make an appointment or to find out more, call 01884 836024 or e-mail email@example.com.
- 1 Village halls offered cash helping hand in Covid battle
- 2 MP Selaine backs plans for boost to workers' pensions
- 3 Small steps of hope for Bideford and Barnstaple
- 4 Steve’s family and friends bring Christmas to hospital ward
- 5 Property of the Week: Some of the finest views of North Devon's coast
- 6 Together we can look forward to 2022
- 7 Store giants say Merry Christmas 9,000 times over
- 8 Masons donate £20,000 to food banks
- 9 OPINION: Hi-Tech – Is North Devon ahead or behind the curve?
- 10 SWW warns: 'Don't be frozen out'