Smokers get help to kick the habit in South Molton
- Credit: Archant
New clinic offers confidential advice to smokers in the town.
SMOKERS in South Molton are being offered a helping hand to quit the habit at a new clinic in the town.
Anyone aged 16 or over can now take advantage of free, one-to-one, confidential support at the Amory Centre on Tuesday afternoons.
The weekly sessions from midday to 3pm are run by the Health Promotion Devon team from the Northern Devon Healthcare NHS Trust.
Specialist adviser Lyn Tehver, who is leading the clinic, said: “Research shows you are four times more likely to give up with NHS support, so it’s important that as many people as possible can access a local clinic.”
You may also want to watch:
Similar clinics are held in Barnstaple on Mondays and Fridays; in Bideford on Wednesdays and Thursdays; in Braunton on Tuesdays; Ilfracombe on Thursdays; and in Chulmleigh on Mondays.
To make an appointment or to find out more, call 01884 836024 or e-mail email@example.com.
- 1 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 2 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 5 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 6 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 7 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 8 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 9 Man left with 'life changing' injuries after assault in Barnstaple
- 10 Tributes paid to North Devon librarian Ian Tansley