Super slimmer Sammi loses a third of her body weight
- Credit: Contributed
A Landkey woman has lost a third of her body weight after getting fed up with customers in the shop where works asking ‘when is it due?’ because they thought she was pregnant.
That was the final straw for Sammi Lynn who achieved her target weight of nine stone in early December at the Swimbridge Slimming World group.
After losing three stone by following Slimming World online, she felt she needed the extra layer of support a group offers to get the final 2.5 stone off.
Sammi said: “It was easy in the beginning, but I got to the point where I really needed the help and guidance of a real-life consultant and the other members of a group.
“I can’t tell you how much it helped and I couldn’t have done it without the support of everyone there.”
Sammi said she loves that she can still eat whatever she wants to and never feels hungry. Her favourite Slimming World recipe is Diet Fanta chicken which she says tastes just like it’s come from a Chinese restaurant.
She said the biggest challenge for her was getting through lockdown and resisting cravings for unhealthy food. But she was determined to stick to the plan and carried on attending the virtual groups which were run on Zoom.
Sammi said the main advantage of losing weight is how much fitter she is: “Our favourite walk as a family is from Lynton to Lynmouth and back but my husband always had to push the buggy with our son Lucas in and I was always so out of breath I couldn’t speak so we spent most of the time in silence.
“Now I push the buggy and can talk the whole way around - I’m not sure if my husband is happy about that or not!”
- 1 Chivenor marines among UK troops hit by Norway Covid outbreak
- 2 Busy first day for new Covid-19 vaccination centre at Westward Ho!
- 3 Pictures: North Devon's winter wonderland
- 4 Tributes paid to 'legendary' North Devon vet Brian Crawford
- 5 Work begins on Northam Burrows Visitor Centre refurbishment
- 6 Judge jails 'worst' drink driver he has ever seen
- 7 Two arrested as teenager fights for life after Ilfracombe stabbing
- 8 Football league teams up with Northern Devon Foodbank
- 9 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 10 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
Her health has also improved. She suffers with asthma but hardly ever has to take her inhaler these days and she no longer gets aches and pain in her knees, hips and back. She’s also dropped an impressive three dress sizes from a 16 to a 10/12.
Sammi attends Claire Holm’s Slimming World Group at the Swimbridge Jubilee Hall on Tuesday evenings. Contact Claire on 07584 372638.