Site visit for Chivenor Cross development
- Credit: Archant
Councillors to visit site of proposed 150 homes plus business park on land beside the A361 at Wrafton.
COUNCILLORS will tomorrow (Wednesday) visit the site of controversial plans for 150 new homes plus a business park at Wrafton.
The recommendation for the outline application at Chivenor Cross next to the A361 is one of approval and it will go to the full planning committee on Wednesday of next week (July 10) at 10am at the Civic Centre.
Developer the St Francis Group Limited is seeking permission for the homes plus 8.2 hectares of employment land, a community ‘hub’ building, open spaces, park and ride plus bus stops and associated access roads, footpath and cycle tracks.
Although the proposal is outside of the local plan, the planning reports says it is recommended for approval because of the housing it offers plus the opportunity for economic gains from the employment benefits.
You may also want to watch:
So far seven letters of objection have bene received. Braunton Parish Council recommends approval as long as the developer takes into account a BMX track being provided.
- 1 UPDATE: Two people airlifted to hospital after A361 Link Road crash
- 2 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 3 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 4 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 5 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 6 Rescue dog finally finds forever home after more than 200 days
- 7 Torrington school switches to remote learning after Covid cases
- 8 Barnstaple firm develops new anti-Covid alloy to replace stainless steel
- 9 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 10 Moore makes mark as North Devon beat Budleigh Salterton