Site visit for Chivenor Cross development
- Credit: Archant
Councillors to visit site of proposed 150 homes plus business park on land beside the A361 at Wrafton.
COUNCILLORS will tomorrow (Wednesday) visit the site of controversial plans for 150 new homes plus a business park at Wrafton.
The recommendation for the outline application at Chivenor Cross next to the A361 is one of approval and it will go to the full planning committee on Wednesday of next week (July 10) at 10am at the Civic Centre.
Developer the St Francis Group Limited is seeking permission for the homes plus 8.2 hectares of employment land, a community ‘hub’ building, open spaces, park and ride plus bus stops and associated access roads, footpath and cycle tracks.
Although the proposal is outside of the local plan, the planning reports says it is recommended for approval because of the housing it offers plus the opportunity for economic gains from the employment benefits.
You may also want to watch:
So far seven letters of objection have bene received. Braunton Parish Council recommends approval as long as the developer takes into account a BMX track being provided.
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 Street food traders revealed for South Molton Food and Drink Festival
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 5 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 6 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 7 Celebrating 15 years of North Devon charity Families in Grief
- 8 World’s Biggest Macmillan Coffee Morning backed by North Devon MP
- 9 Devon Police commissioner commits to tackling gender violence
- 10 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal