Site manager awarded for North Devon development
A SITE manager in North Devon has won a prestigious award for building exceptional homes.
Andy Smith, of Devonshire Homes Ltd, has got through the first round of judging in the annual NHBC (National House-Building Council) Pride in the Job Awards.
He is now shortlisted for a regional title for the Northam Height development in Northam.
Mr Smith joins a group of 450 site managers shortlisted from more than 13,000 across the UK.
Isabel Hudson, Executive Chairman of NHBC, said: “I congratulate Andy for his win. Anyone gaining an award against such strong competition can be very proud of their achievement, and the homes they have built should be among the best homes in the UK.”
The regional winners will be announced during a ceremony in the Autumn.
- 1 Popular character Joan dies at 92
- 2 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 3 Why Lorna gave up working from an office to build a business around passion for surfing
- 4 These companies are out to tempt you before you're out of nappies
- 5 Young Jack strides out again for charity
- 6 Urgent appeal goes out to help keep teenagers off the streets
- 7 Tennis ace Eric follows in Max's fund-raising footsteps
- 8 Village halls offered cash helping hand in Covid battle
- 9 Small steps of hope for Bideford and Barnstaple
- 10 OPINION: The North Devon Hospice has come so far