Site manager awarded for North Devon development
A SITE manager in North Devon has won a prestigious award for building exceptional homes.
Andy Smith, of Devonshire Homes Ltd, has got through the first round of judging in the annual NHBC (National House-Building Council) Pride in the Job Awards.
He is now shortlisted for a regional title for the Northam Height development in Northam.
Mr Smith joins a group of 450 site managers shortlisted from more than 13,000 across the UK.
Isabel Hudson, Executive Chairman of NHBC, said: “I congratulate Andy for his win. Anyone gaining an award against such strong competition can be very proud of their achievement, and the homes they have built should be among the best homes in the UK.”
You may also want to watch:
The regional winners will be announced during a ceremony in the Autumn.
- 1 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 2 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 3 Northam Murder: Judge tells jury to put aside emotion
- 4 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 5 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing
- 6 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 7 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 8 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 9 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 10 Busy thirteen days for Appledore RNLI