Site manager awarded for North Devon development
A SITE manager in North Devon has won a prestigious award for building exceptional homes.
Andy Smith, of Devonshire Homes Ltd, has got through the first round of judging in the annual NHBC (National House-Building Council) Pride in the Job Awards.
He is now shortlisted for a regional title for the Northam Height development in Northam.
Mr Smith joins a group of 450 site managers shortlisted from more than 13,000 across the UK.
Isabel Hudson, Executive Chairman of NHBC, said: “I congratulate Andy for his win. Anyone gaining an award against such strong competition can be very proud of their achievement, and the homes they have built should be among the best homes in the UK.”
You may also want to watch:
The regional winners will be announced during a ceremony in the Autumn.
- 1 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 2 Appeal launched to raise £100,000 for new play equipment in Bideford
- 3 More than 530 nights in a tent - Max Woosey wins Young Hero Award
- 4 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 5 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 6 7 top tips to help you find the perfect wedding venue
- 7 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 8 North Devon's Amy Riley takes her motorsports dream to next level
- 9 Council leader calls Government 'incompetent' and warns of 'winter of discontent'
- 10 Mission: Unbreakable back with a bang for 2021