Singer Sarah-Louise in Open Mic regional finals
CLASSICAL singer Sarah-Louise Ward from Westward Ho! has won through to the regional finals of the Open Mic UK unsigned artists competition in Cardiff on October 8.
Sarah Louise, 22, currently works as a florist at The Secret Garden in Northam and sings at weddings on a part-time basis, but she has the dream of one day becoming an opera singer.
She has been singing since she was 15 and has performed at the Queens Theatre in Barnstaple in such productions as Les Miserables, The Mikado and Fiddler on the Roof.
“I really want to put Devon on the talent map and open opportunities for all the talent
we know North Devon has,” said Sarah Louise.
You may also want to watch:
Open Mic UK 2011 is a national talent competition which searches for the UK’s best singers, singer/songwriters, rappers and vocalists of all genres who perform either covers or original material.
After catching the judges’ eye at auditions Sarah Louise will now be competing against other qualifiers in the live, head-to-head, regional finals for a place in the national final at The O2 in London and the chance to grab a breakthrough recording contract.
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 6 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
- 7 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 8 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 9 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 10 Bideford's Millbrook Dairy awarded its first star at Great Taste Awards