Singer Sarah-Louise in Open Mic regional finals
CLASSICAL singer Sarah-Louise Ward from Westward Ho! has won through to the regional finals of the Open Mic UK unsigned artists competition in Cardiff on October 8.
Sarah Louise, 22, currently works as a florist at The Secret Garden in Northam and sings at weddings on a part-time basis, but she has the dream of one day becoming an opera singer.
She has been singing since she was 15 and has performed at the Queens Theatre in Barnstaple in such productions as Les Miserables, The Mikado and Fiddler on the Roof.
“I really want to put Devon on the talent map and open opportunities for all the talent
we know North Devon has,” said Sarah Louise.
Open Mic UK 2011 is a national talent competition which searches for the UK’s best singers, singer/songwriters, rappers and vocalists of all genres who perform either covers or original material.
After catching the judges’ eye at auditions Sarah Louise will now be competing against other qualifiers in the live, head-to-head, regional finals for a place in the national final at The O2 in London and the chance to grab a breakthrough recording contract.
- 1 North Devon holiday home tax dodgers face crackdown
- 2 Urgent appeal goes out to help keep teenagers off the streets
- 3 Tennis ace Eric follows in Max's fund-raising footsteps
- 4 Popular character Joan dies at 92
- 5 Exercise the 'chuckle muscle' with comedian Jason Manford
- 6 War hero, SWW champion and author Tony dies at 97
- 7 Chance at last to sing along with the Winkleigh Singers
- 8 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 9 How can we celebrate Queen's Platinum?
- 10 MP Selaine Saxby: Violence against women and girls