Signs put town’s firms in the picture
Business park gets a marketing make-over.
SOUTH Molton’s businesses have contributed towards the replacement of two new signs at either end of the Pathfields Business Park.
Every company based on the estate donated money for the up-to-date signs, which list each of the 62 companies based at the park, and details their locations.
Chairman of the South Molton Business Association (SMBA), which helped bring the project to fruition, said: “The old sign had been there for about a decade and did little to promote and direct traffic to our ever-expanding industrial estate.
“However, when SMBA’s secretary Tryphena Huntingford took the time to visit each business, asking for a small donation, things finally started to happen.
You may also want to watch:
“We are delighted that every single company at Pathfields chipped in to finance the project – it has been a real community effort.”
Mr Walker said the signs were produced by Pathfields firm Blue Orange, and were similar to one recently installed in the town’s Square.
- 1 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 2 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 3 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing
- 4 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 5 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 6 Crash and assault in Ilfracombe - Police appeal
- 7 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 8 Northam Murder: Carer denies killing widow Carol Hart
- 9 Changes to reporting planning breaches in North Devon
- 10 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
Mayor Dave Goodman said: “Our business estate is obviously of vital importance to South Molton, so commercial vehicles and the public coming here must be able to quickly and easily locate exactly which company or companies they require.
“We already know that signage to and in South Molton needs considerable improvement. This is one of the key projects we are focussing on in the Town Team and I feel that the new Pathfields signs are a positive start to achieving this goal.”