Signs put town’s firms in the picture
Business park gets a marketing make-over.
SOUTH Molton’s businesses have contributed towards the replacement of two new signs at either end of the Pathfields Business Park.
Every company based on the estate donated money for the up-to-date signs, which list each of the 62 companies based at the park, and details their locations.
Chairman of the South Molton Business Association (SMBA), which helped bring the project to fruition, said: “The old sign had been there for about a decade and did little to promote and direct traffic to our ever-expanding industrial estate.
“However, when SMBA’s secretary Tryphena Huntingford took the time to visit each business, asking for a small donation, things finally started to happen.
You may also want to watch:
“We are delighted that every single company at Pathfields chipped in to finance the project – it has been a real community effort.”
Mr Walker said the signs were produced by Pathfields firm Blue Orange, and were similar to one recently installed in the town’s Square.
- 1 Two vehicle crash near South Molton – Link Road blocked
- 2 Aldi plans for three new stores in North Devon
- 3 'Smash and grab' robbery at Ilfracombe jewellers shop
- 4 Swimbridge Christmas Arts and Crafts Fair returns for 2021
- 5 Barnstaple Enterprise Hub 'Node' launches to support local businesses
- 6 MISSING: Police search for Peter Hughes from Combe Martin area
- 7 Cook book to help in Afghanistan produced in South Molton
- 8 Developer sponsors Shammy FC youth teams
- 9 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 10 'Kinky Boots' coming to Barnstaple's Queen's Theatre
Mayor Dave Goodman said: “Our business estate is obviously of vital importance to South Molton, so commercial vehicles and the public coming here must be able to quickly and easily locate exactly which company or companies they require.
“We already know that signage to and in South Molton needs considerable improvement. This is one of the key projects we are focussing on in the Town Team and I feel that the new Pathfields signs are a positive start to achieving this goal.”