Signs put town’s firms in the picture
Business park gets a marketing make-over.
SOUTH Molton’s businesses have contributed towards the replacement of two new signs at either end of the Pathfields Business Park.
Every company based on the estate donated money for the up-to-date signs, which list each of the 62 companies based at the park, and details their locations.
Chairman of the South Molton Business Association (SMBA), which helped bring the project to fruition, said: “The old sign had been there for about a decade and did little to promote and direct traffic to our ever-expanding industrial estate.
“However, when SMBA’s secretary Tryphena Huntingford took the time to visit each business, asking for a small donation, things finally started to happen.
You may also want to watch:
“We are delighted that every single company at Pathfields chipped in to finance the project – it has been a real community effort.”
Mr Walker said the signs were produced by Pathfields firm Blue Orange, and were similar to one recently installed in the town’s Square.
- 1 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 2 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 3 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 4 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 5 North Devon seconds look to bounce back from heavy defeat
- 6 Pensioner gets suspended sentence for 'unspeakable abuse images'
- 7 Devon County Council Elections: Candidate lists for North Devon and Torridge
- 8 Shocked Barnstaple burglary victim watched raid on phone
- 9 New Barnstaple restaurant offers Fine Dining at Home
- 10 Big opening-day wins for Bideford and Braunton
Mayor Dave Goodman said: “Our business estate is obviously of vital importance to South Molton, so commercial vehicles and the public coming here must be able to quickly and easily locate exactly which company or companies they require.
“We already know that signage to and in South Molton needs considerable improvement. This is one of the key projects we are focussing on in the Town Team and I feel that the new Pathfields signs are a positive start to achieving this goal.”