Signs point the way for shoppers
Installation of new finger posts begins in Barnstaple town centre
WORK has begun on the installation of new finger posts in Barnstaple town centre.
The improved signage to key landmarks is designed to help move people around the town and show what is available.
Each post is made of high-grade stainless steel, resistant to salt corrosion, and is colour coded to link into a free town map currently being updated and re-printed.
The project is being carried out as part of BID Barnstaple’s wayfinding project and forms part of a larger five-year business plan, created following consultation and feedback from traders.
You may also want to watch:
Dane Stanley, BID chairman, said the new finger posts were a “significant project” for the town.
He said: “Once this phase is complete we will then move on to the next step of installing colour signage for each individual street in the BID area.
- 1 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 2 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 3 Devon County Council Elections: Candidate lists for North Devon and Torridge
- 4 Candidates for police and crime commissioner have their say
- 5 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 6 New Barnstaple restaurant offers Fine Dining at Home
- 7 Dog Restrictions come into force on Westward Ho! Beach
- 8 Ilfracombe Drive-In Cinema returns this May
- 9 Big opening-day wins for Bideford and Braunton
- 10 Pensioner gets suspended sentence for 'unspeakable abuse images'
“The whole wayfinding project will also link into the development of a new, commercial Barnstaple town website, as part of delivering an integrated signage system for the town.”