Signs are a waste
Congratulations to Councillor Phil Collins on his election. Maybe he can sort out so many money-wasting jobs.
I begin with road signs. Does Griggs Close need six signs? It’s a small residential estate for senior folk.
Just count all the unnecessary signs on all four approaches to Heywood roundabout. Even on the far side of the bridge, where there is a very good stone sign, the council have decided to erect a white sign less than a few feet away!
Then look at the Windmill car park sign. We are told we can park free from 8 to 6! The rest of the sign – 3ft x 2ft at least, in two colours – gives all the rules and regulations.
Apart from the wasted parking area. I feel it is time the council follows the village in Cornwall and removes unwanted signs – ie new building plots, 40 mile and 30 on bridge, plus signs to say a roundabout.
There is a large, often not visible sign behind bushes, which states a roundabout, plus directions left, right and forward.
- 1 MP Selaine backs plans for boost to workers' pensions
- 2 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 3 Village halls offered cash helping hand in Covid battle
- 4 Superb win on the road sets 2022 tone for Bideford
- 5 Small steps of hope for Bideford and Barnstaple
- 6 Why Lorna gave up working from an office to build a business around passion for surfing
- 7 Store giants say Merry Christmas 9,000 times over
- 8 OPINION: The North Devon Hospice has come so far
- 9 Popular character Joan dies at 92
- 10 SWW warns: 'Don't be frozen out'