Signs are a waste
Congratulations to Councillor Phil Collins on his election. Maybe he can sort out so many money-wasting jobs.
I begin with road signs. Does Griggs Close need six signs? It’s a small residential estate for senior folk.
Just count all the unnecessary signs on all four approaches to Heywood roundabout. Even on the far side of the bridge, where there is a very good stone sign, the council have decided to erect a white sign less than a few feet away!
Then look at the Windmill car park sign. We are told we can park free from 8 to 6! The rest of the sign – 3ft x 2ft at least, in two colours – gives all the rules and regulations.
Apart from the wasted parking area. I feel it is time the council follows the village in Cornwall and removes unwanted signs – ie new building plots, 40 mile and 30 on bridge, plus signs to say a roundabout.
You may also want to watch:
There is a large, often not visible sign behind bushes, which states a roundabout, plus directions left, right and forward.
- 1 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 2 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 3 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 4 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 5 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
- 6 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 7 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 8 North Devon benefit fiddler must cash in pension to repay the money
- 9 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 10 Man dies in crash involving bicycle and car in Bideford