The Barnstaple Committee of Macmillan Cancer Support held a one-day collection at Sainsbury’s on Saturday, January 26.
I’m delighted to report that the total amount collected was £930.52 – a significant sum which will help Macmillan assist those who are living with cancer.
Our very grateful thanks go to our collectors, members of the public who gave so generously on the day, and to the staff at customer services in Sainsbury’s, who as always give every assistance.
We also held a Carol Concert at Christ Church, Bear Street, on Friday, December 14, and raised £1,105.
We would like to thank everyone for coming along to this event, which was held in Barnstaple for the first time, and please note we will be doing so again this year!
You may also want to watch:
Our thanks to The Barnstaple Jubilee Singers, The Petrovian Orchestra, and organist Stuart Mair for performing for us and making the evening such a success.
- 1 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 2 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 3 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 4 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 5 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 6 North Devon grandad takes on 700 mile cycling challenge
- 7 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 8 Surf trio take on epic surf paddle challenge in memory of best friends
- 9 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 10 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon
Barnstaple Macmillan Committee