The Barnstaple Committee of Macmillan Cancer Support held a one-day collection at Sainsbury’s on Saturday, January 26.
I’m delighted to report that the total amount collected was £930.52 – a significant sum which will help Macmillan assist those who are living with cancer.
Our very grateful thanks go to our collectors, members of the public who gave so generously on the day, and to the staff at customer services in Sainsbury’s, who as always give every assistance.
We also held a Carol Concert at Christ Church, Bear Street, on Friday, December 14, and raised £1,105.
We would like to thank everyone for coming along to this event, which was held in Barnstaple for the first time, and please note we will be doing so again this year!
Our thanks to The Barnstaple Jubilee Singers, The Petrovian Orchestra, and organist Stuart Mair for performing for us and making the evening such a success.
- 1 Two vehicle crash blocks Link Road near Barnstaple
- 2 Devon's special educational needs funding ‘broken’
- 3 Go ahead for 211 homes but Bideford plans fall short on affordable homes
- 4 7 Ways to work on North Devon's beaches in 2022 - Stephanie Conway
- 5 South Molton's top 10 rating for pannier market
- 6 OPINION: An introduction from Torridge council leader Ken James
- 7 Remembering much-loved and once-heaving Ilfracombe train station
- 8 Holiday firm's New Year gift for hospice
- 9 Covid outbreaks in Devon’s care homes at highest level since pandemic began
- 10 North Devon holiday home tax dodgers face crackdown
Barnstaple Macmillan Committee