The Barnstaple Committee of Macmillan Cancer Support held a one-day collection at Sainsbury’s on Saturday, January 26.
I’m delighted to report that the total amount collected was £930.52 – a significant sum which will help Macmillan assist those who are living with cancer.
Our very grateful thanks go to our collectors, members of the public who gave so generously on the day, and to the staff at customer services in Sainsbury’s, who as always give every assistance.
We also held a Carol Concert at Christ Church, Bear Street, on Friday, December 14, and raised £1,105.
We would like to thank everyone for coming along to this event, which was held in Barnstaple for the first time, and please note we will be doing so again this year!
You may also want to watch:
Our thanks to The Barnstaple Jubilee Singers, The Petrovian Orchestra, and organist Stuart Mair for performing for us and making the evening such a success.
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 6 Staff at Wimpy Barnstaple receive special bonus
- 7 Dignitaries formally open Penrose Almshouses in Barnstaple
- 8 North Devon MP Selaine Saxby receives parliamentary promotion
- 9 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 10 Mercy for Lynton farm shop keeper who grew cannabis
Barnstaple Macmillan Committee