Sign up for the National Sandcastle Competition at Croyde
- Credit: Archant
Join teams of the bucket and spade brigade on August 31 to help raise money for North Devon Hospice.
THE call has gone out for teams to polish up their buckets and spades as the National Sandcastle Competition returns to Croyde this August.
Last year new organiser North Devon Homes and new sponsor Parkdean Holidays got together to save the popular local event and continue raising funds for North Devon Hospice.
As owners of the beach, Parkdean offered Croyde for a new venue and 13 teams took part to create fantastical sculptures from the Dambusters, to starfish, camper vans and the award winning Lundy Island by Pearce Construction.
Many youngsters joined in as part of the Junior Sandcastle Competition and together they raised £2,689.75 for the hospice.
You may also want to watch:
Plans for this year’s event on Sunday, August 31 are well underway and organiser Michelle West from North Devon Homes said they hoped as many teams as possible would sign up to make it bigger and better than ever:
“We have already been in discussions with Parkdean Holidays and have even more exciting things planned for the event,” she said.
- 1 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 2 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 3 MISSING: Police search for David Kose from Ilfracombe
- 4 Street food traders revealed for South Molton Food and Drink Festival
- 5 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 6 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 7 Celebrating 15 years of North Devon charity Families in Grief
- 8 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 9 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 10 North Devon Emergency Department in top ten for patient experience
“This year we are pleased to offer an early bird discount of £75 for teams who register before March 31 and we hope the reduced rate will attract as many teams as possible to enter. The cost will increase to £100 for teams who register after this date.”
For more information and to take part call 01271 312547 or visit www.sandcastle.org.uk and email firstname.lastname@example.org.