Sign up for Exmoor Beast cycling challenge
- Credit: Archant
Challenge will see around 1,000 entrants taking on a cycling marathon.
A NORTH Devon charity is urging people to get on their bikes for a cycling marathon in October.
The annual Exmoor Beast Challenge will see around 1,000 cyclists taking on the challenge to help Go North Devon provide mobility services to people who cannot use public transport.
Ring & Ride driver Terry Chapple is used to sitting behind the wheel of a bus, but is taking on the challenge this year.
He said: “Two years ago I managed 20 miles on a bike and it nearly killed me, so this is going to be a massive challenge.
You may also want to watch:
“However, I’m sure if I can take up the extra challenge of helping to raise funds for a worthwhile organisation that helps so many people then anyone can.”
The Out and About Club run by the charity takes passengers on a variety of outings and allows them to enjoy lunches and day trips around North Devon.
- 1 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 2 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 3 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 4 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 5 Surf trio take on epic surf paddle challenge in memory of best friends
- 6 Fringe TheatreFest returns to Barnstaple this month
- 7 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 8 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 9 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 10 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
For more information contact Go North Devon on 01271 328866 or pop into the Shopmobility Centre, Albert Lane, Barnstaple.