Sign up for epic cycle ride
Still time to saddle up for the Coast-2-Coast
ORGANISERS of this year’s Devon Coast-to-Coast Challenge say there is still time to sign up for this year’s event.
More than 350 of the 500 places available have already been sold for the cycle ride being held in aid of North Devon Hospice on June 3.
This year’s event, from Looe, in Cornwall to Barnstaple, offers riders either a 100-mile or 70-mile route depending on ability.
Hospice community fund-raiser, Emma Lowe, said: “To have 350 riders signed up already is fantastic and we are pleased that people are still so keen to take part now we are in our ninth year.
You may also want to watch:
“It is nice to see the variety of people who have registered, because many are coming from out of the area to take part, and we’ve also got a great mix of hardened road cyclists and first-timers.
“This should provide a really great environment for everyone taking part, no matter what their fitness levels are like.”
- 1 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 2 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 3 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 4 People in North Devon urged to take up the vaccine to help protect others
- 5 Alison Hernandez vows to get tough on crime as she retains PCC role
- 6 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 7 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
- 8 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 9 Ton-up Brend helps Bideford set early pace
- 10 MP welcomes free virtual funding workshop for North Devon charities
Entry is just �20, with riders required to raise a minimum of �50 sponsorship. To enter visit www.coast-coast.co.uk, telephone Emma at North Devon Hospice on 01271 347213 or email email@example.com.