Sign up for epic cycle ride
Still time to saddle up for the Coast-2-Coast
ORGANISERS of this year’s Devon Coast-to-Coast Challenge say there is still time to sign up for this year’s event.
More than 350 of the 500 places available have already been sold for the cycle ride being held in aid of North Devon Hospice on June 3.
This year’s event, from Looe, in Cornwall to Barnstaple, offers riders either a 100-mile or 70-mile route depending on ability.
Hospice community fund-raiser, Emma Lowe, said: “To have 350 riders signed up already is fantastic and we are pleased that people are still so keen to take part now we are in our ninth year.
You may also want to watch:
“It is nice to see the variety of people who have registered, because many are coming from out of the area to take part, and we’ve also got a great mix of hardened road cyclists and first-timers.
“This should provide a really great environment for everyone taking part, no matter what their fitness levels are like.”
- 1 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 2 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 3 Northam Murder: Judge tells jury to put aside emotion
- 4 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 5 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing
- 6 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 7 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 8 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 9 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 10 Busy thirteen days for Appledore RNLI
Entry is just �20, with riders required to raise a minimum of �50 sponsorship. To enter visit www.coast-coast.co.uk, telephone Emma at North Devon Hospice on 01271 347213 or email email@example.com.