Sidecar excitement at Torrington meeting
ON Sunday, Torridge and District Motorcycle Club are hosting Round 4 of the ACU Maxxis British Sidecarcross Championship. This event was to have been run last year, but was cancelled due to bad weather. A full line up of sidecar competitors will be trav
ON Sunday, Torridge and District Motorcycle Club are hosting Round 4 of the ACU Maxxis British Sidecarcross Championship. This event was to have been run last year, but was cancelled due to bad weather.
A full line up of sidecar competitors will be travelling to Torrington from all over the UK and Ireland, many coming straight from World Championship Grand Prix.
The outfits are a lot wider than normal Motocross bikes and there will be some close, shoulder to shoulder racing from the best in the country.
Alongside the Sidecar, there will also be the Torridge Memorial Motocross Trophy which is held in honour of previous, much missed club officials and members.
You may also want to watch:
This will include Junior, over-35 riders and for the first time in a long while Twinshock bikes will be racing at the circuit, again.
Action begins at 9.30am with practice and the first race starts at around 11am. The entrance fee is �7 for adults with under 16s free. The event will be signed off the A39 Link road by the BP garage / KFC at Roundswell and the B3232 towards Torrington.
- 1 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 2 2021 North Devon Show cancelled
- 3 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 4 Property of the Week: Ford Rise, Bideford
- 5 High Streets reopen across Torridge
- 6 New Pebbleridge Kitchen arrives on Northam Burrows
- 7 Four cousins take on Four Church Challenge
- 8 Barnstaple flood prevention scheme at least two years away
- 9 North Devon fossil hunter's collection goes to auction
- 10 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice
Anyone who would like to be a marshal for the event should contact Liz Meredith on 01271 324357