Sid and Axe in steam together
SIR - The Lynton & Barnstaple Railway s second steam engine, Sid is returning to Woody Bay Station from repairs to its boiler and wheels at the Gartell Light Railway at Templecombe in Somerset just in time for the Railway s Autumn Steam Gala on Saturday a
SIR - The Lynton & Barnstaple Railway's second steam engine, Sid is returning to Woody Bay Station from repairs to its boiler and wheels at the Gartell Light Railway at Templecombe in Somerset just in time for the Railway's Autumn Steam Gala on Saturday and Sunday ( September 26 and 27).
The loco will be joining the railway's resident steam engine, Axe, which has been in service since March.
It will be the first time that the two locomotives have ever been seen in steam together. They both follow in the Lynton & Barnstaple Railway tradition of naming engines after three-letter Devon rivers.
There will also be miniature train rides for the children hauled by the 71/4 inch-gauge steam engine Otter which will be visiting from the Beer Heights Light Railway at Pecorama in East Devon.
You may also want to watch:
In addition there will be free face painting and Punch and Judy shows at the Gala on both days, as well as tea-room refreshments, beer and a barbecue and exhibits in the marquee on the lawn.
- 1 Yelland power station development set for approval despite 700 objections
- 2 Schizophrenic mugger sent to mental unit after Barnstaple robbery
- 3 Search for missing Ilfracombe woman Hannah Peacock continues
- 4 Crooked party leader with ties to Bideford was a serial conman
- 5 The boy in the tent Max Woosey receives prestigious award
- 6 Old Tannery in South Molton to be turned into new homes
- 7 Drug driver banned after crashing during chase through North Devon
- 8 Finance manager jailed for stealing almost £1m from Witheridge company
- 9 Fugitive jailed after car chase between Bideford and Barnstaple
- 10 Jail for toothache attacker in North Molton
(Lynton & Barnstaple Railway Press Officer)