Sid and Axe in steam together
SIR - The Lynton & Barnstaple Railway s second steam engine, Sid is returning to Woody Bay Station from repairs to its boiler and wheels at the Gartell Light Railway at Templecombe in Somerset just in time for the Railway s Autumn Steam Gala on Saturday a
SIR - The Lynton & Barnstaple Railway's second steam engine, Sid is returning to Woody Bay Station from repairs to its boiler and wheels at the Gartell Light Railway at Templecombe in Somerset just in time for the Railway's Autumn Steam Gala on Saturday and Sunday ( September 26 and 27).
The loco will be joining the railway's resident steam engine, Axe, which has been in service since March.
It will be the first time that the two locomotives have ever been seen in steam together. They both follow in the Lynton & Barnstaple Railway tradition of naming engines after three-letter Devon rivers.
There will also be miniature train rides for the children hauled by the 71/4 inch-gauge steam engine Otter which will be visiting from the Beer Heights Light Railway at Pecorama in East Devon.
You may also want to watch:
In addition there will be free face painting and Punch and Judy shows at the Gala on both days, as well as tea-room refreshments, beer and a barbecue and exhibits in the marquee on the lawn.
- 1 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 2 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 3 Exmoor Ramble legacy for legendary fundraiser as he battles terminal cancer
- 4 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
- 5 Weather warning of snow and ice for Devon this weekend
- 6 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 7 Barnstaple man’s 5k-a-day challenge for children’s hospice
- 8 Barnstaple man cleared of drug dealing charges
- 9 Barnstaple man attacked his wife and neighbour after Christmas drink
- 10 Farmer gets suspended sentence for tractor crash
(Lynton & Barnstaple Railway Press Officer)