Sid and Axe in steam together
SIR - The Lynton & Barnstaple Railway s second steam engine, Sid is returning to Woody Bay Station from repairs to its boiler and wheels at the Gartell Light Railway at Templecombe in Somerset just in time for the Railway s Autumn Steam Gala on Saturday a
SIR - The Lynton & Barnstaple Railway's second steam engine, Sid is returning to Woody Bay Station from repairs to its boiler and wheels at the Gartell Light Railway at Templecombe in Somerset just in time for the Railway's Autumn Steam Gala on Saturday and Sunday ( September 26 and 27).
The loco will be joining the railway's resident steam engine, Axe, which has been in service since March.
It will be the first time that the two locomotives have ever been seen in steam together. They both follow in the Lynton & Barnstaple Railway tradition of naming engines after three-letter Devon rivers.
There will also be miniature train rides for the children hauled by the 71/4 inch-gauge steam engine Otter which will be visiting from the Beer Heights Light Railway at Pecorama in East Devon.
You may also want to watch:
In addition there will be free face painting and Punch and Judy shows at the Gala on both days, as well as tea-room refreshments, beer and a barbecue and exhibits in the marquee on the lawn.
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 3 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 4 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 5 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 6 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 7 North Devon Emergency Department in top ten for patient experience
- 8 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 9 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 10 Tributes paid to North Devon librarian Ian Tansley
(Lynton & Barnstaple Railway Press Officer)