Shots fired at homes in Barnstaple ‘drive-by’
Police suspect air weapon was involved in random shootings
POLICE in Barnstaple are investigating a suspected “drive-by” in the Gorwell area of the town.
The town centre area was also affected during the spate of criminal damage at around 9pm on Tuesday night.
Four properties had windows smashed by somebody thought to have been firing an air weapon from a moving vehicle.
A pellet has been recovered from one of the addresses involved.
You may also want to watch:
PC Dave Seymour said: “This is a general appeal that if anybody saw a car or people acting suspiciously last night then we would be keen to hear from them.
“Fortunately nobody was injured but this could well have been the case and we could now be dealing with a serious injury or worse.”
- 1 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 2 Date set for reopening of Bideford Pannier Market
- 3 Rapid coronavirus tests now available across Devon
- 4 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice
- 5 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 6 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 7 Mystery over Barnstaple builder's death
- 8 Prom schoolgirl killed as she crossed road near Trimstone
- 9 Westward Ho! housing plan for 138 new homes approved
- 10 Date set for Barnstaple Pannier Market reopening
Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 08452 777444 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111 quoting police ref. CB/10/3914.