Shots fired at homes in Barnstaple ‘drive-by’
Police suspect air weapon was involved in random shootings
POLICE in Barnstaple are investigating a suspected “drive-by” in the Gorwell area of the town.
The town centre area was also affected during the spate of criminal damage at around 9pm on Tuesday night.
Four properties had windows smashed by somebody thought to have been firing an air weapon from a moving vehicle.
A pellet has been recovered from one of the addresses involved.
You may also want to watch:
PC Dave Seymour said: “This is a general appeal that if anybody saw a car or people acting suspiciously last night then we would be keen to hear from them.
“Fortunately nobody was injured but this could well have been the case and we could now be dealing with a serious injury or worse.”
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
- 4 Staff at Wimpy Barnstaple receive special bonus
- 5 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 6 North Devon MP Selaine Saxby receives parliamentary promotion
- 7 Dignitaries formally open Penrose Almshouses in Barnstaple
- 8 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 9 Mercy for Lynton farm shop keeper who grew cannabis
- 10 Extinction Rebellion celebrate Big Green Week in Barnstaple
Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 08452 777444 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111 quoting police ref. CB/10/3914.