Shots fired at homes in Barnstaple ‘drive-by’
Police suspect air weapon was involved in random shootings
POLICE in Barnstaple are investigating a suspected “drive-by” in the Gorwell area of the town.
The town centre area was also affected during the spate of criminal damage at around 9pm on Tuesday night.
Four properties had windows smashed by somebody thought to have been firing an air weapon from a moving vehicle.
A pellet has been recovered from one of the addresses involved.
You may also want to watch:
PC Dave Seymour said: “This is a general appeal that if anybody saw a car or people acting suspiciously last night then we would be keen to hear from them.
“Fortunately nobody was injured but this could well have been the case and we could now be dealing with a serious injury or worse.”
- 1 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 2 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody
- 3 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 4 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 5 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 6 Times Past: Bodysnatching in the centre of Barnstaple
- 7 Camp out fundraiser Max receives gift from fallen soldier's family
- 8 Developer 'lost for words' as town council rejects £20m Bideford wharf plans
- 9 Terrified shoppers fled Devon city centre attack
- 10 Sextortion warning for North Devon Facebook users
Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 08452 777444 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111 quoting police ref. CB/10/3914.