Shopping village evacuated

EARLY morning shoppers were evacuated from the Atlantic Village outlet in Clovelly Road, Bideford, today (Friday) when a lighting strip in one of the stores started smoking.

The incident happened in the Double Two Store at around 9.30am and resulted in the village’s safety procedure being activated.

The fire and rescue service was called and people were evacuated.

An electrician was called to rectify the problem and by 10.15am it was shopping as normal.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus