Shoppers asked to help shape Barnstaple’s future
Feedback from survey will help council to redevelop key sites in the town
NORTH Devon Council is inviting local people to help shape its plans for the redevelopment of three key Barnstaple sites.
In preparing a brief for land at Queen Street, Bear Street and Seven Brethren, the council is asking people why they visit Barnstaple town centre and what would make them visit more often?
Executive Member for Economic Regeneration, Councillor Malcolm Prowse, said: “As well as finding out what new shops people want, we also want to know what people think about the choice of leisure and entertainment in the town.
“Only then can we start to help make the right choices for the town and its visitors.”
You may also want to watch:
Council officers will be asking shoppers for their thoughts as part of the public consultation.
People can also take part in the survey online at www.northdevon.gov.uk and paper copies can also be provided by telephoning (01271) 388864.
- 1 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 2 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 3 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 4 Northam Murder: Grieving family condemn killer's lies and cruelty
- 5 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 6 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 7 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 8 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 9 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 10 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington