Shoppers asked to help shape Barnstaple’s future
Feedback from survey will help council to redevelop key sites in the town
NORTH Devon Council is inviting local people to help shape its plans for the redevelopment of three key Barnstaple sites.
In preparing a brief for land at Queen Street, Bear Street and Seven Brethren, the council is asking people why they visit Barnstaple town centre and what would make them visit more often?
Executive Member for Economic Regeneration, Councillor Malcolm Prowse, said: “As well as finding out what new shops people want, we also want to know what people think about the choice of leisure and entertainment in the town.
“Only then can we start to help make the right choices for the town and its visitors.”
You may also want to watch:
Council officers will be asking shoppers for their thoughts as part of the public consultation.
People can also take part in the survey online at www.northdevon.gov.uk and paper copies can also be provided by telephoning (01271) 388864.
- 1 Jealous Barnstaple boyfriend made divorcee get rid of wedding dress
- 2 North Devon business signs up to 1 billion tree project
- 3 The Plough announces Open-Air Theatre Festival
- 4 Holidaycottages.co.uk celebrates launch of new office in Braunton
- 5 Criminal damage at Fremington Football Club - Police appeal
- 6 Little Leo’s big challenge for Children’s Hospice South West
- 7 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 8 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 9 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 10 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council