Shop staff praised for ‘quick thinking’ actions after fire breaks out
Two fire engines attended the fire in Bideford this afternoon caused by halogen lighting.
THE FIRE service has praised the quick thinking actions of shop staff after a blaze broke out in a store in Bideford this afternoon (Mon).
Two fire engines from Bideford were called to the scene in Mill Street after a halogen light shining on some soft furnishings caused a fire.
Neil Blackburn, group commander for Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue, said: “The staff in the shop did the right thing and evacuated everyone before calling the fire brigade.
“Two fire engines arrived at the scene quickly under watch manager Neil Hole and located and dealt with the small fire.
You may also want to watch:
“I’d like to praise the shop staff for acting promptly to evacuate everybody.
“I would also like to remind shop keepers that halogen, ceiling mounted lighting creates quite a bit of heat.
- 1 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 2 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 3 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 4 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 5 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 6 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 7 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 8 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 9 Affinity Devon seeks next Charity of the Year
- 10 People and businesses asked to join Barnstaple clean up
“We have been to a number of fires caused by this type of lighting.”