Shop filled with sugary delights from yesteryear
A tasty addition to the centre of South Molton in the form of traditional sweet shop Bon Bons, is hoping to stick around for a long time to come. The independent store in Broad Street, with its row upon row of glass jars containing sugary delights in the
A tasty addition to the centre of South Molton in the form of traditional sweet shop Bon Bons, is hoping to stick around for a long time to come.
The independent store in Broad Street, with its row upon row of glass jars containing sugary delights in the best tradition of years gone by, is owned by local couple Rachel and Calum Robb, from Filleigh.
"We have been astonished by the response from the public and it has completely surpassed our expectations," said Calum.
"Aside from the fact my wife has a very sweet tooth, we opened Bon Bons because South Molton hasn't had a sweet shop for more than 10 years. The last one was Dave Ducker's Sweete Shoppe on South Street."
You may also want to watch:
"We also thought it would be a good asset for South Molton, by adding to its traditional identity, and attracting more customers to the town."
Bon Bons stocks far more than glass jars of "gob stoppers," with a vast array of candied goodies of all descriptions plus chocolate, fudge, ice cream, liquorice, nougat and honey, to name a few.
- 1 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 2 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 3 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 4 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 5 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 6 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 7 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 8 £100K funding to Torridge towns to support recovery post Covid-19
- 9 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president
- 10 Northam widow was found half under her bed by carer
"We have sweets for people with nut allergies, chocolate for diabetics - we have something for everyone," added Calum.