Sheepdog ale is worth a trial
- Credit: Archant
Spcially beer brewed to celebrate the return of the English National Sheep Dog Trials to North Devon.
A BIDEFORD brewery has produced a special beer to celebrate the return of the English National Sheep Dog Trials to Filleigh’s Castle Hill Estate.
The Big Sheep Brewery, which is co-sponsoring the trials, has launched ‘That’ll Do!’ ahead of the event taking place on the weekend of, July 19-21.
Former shepherd-turned Big Sheep director Rick Turner, said: “It is incredibly exciting to have the very best shepherds and shepherdesses with their faithful collie dogs coming to North Devon for the climax of the sheepdog trialling calendar again this year.
“‘That’ll do!’ is the command given to a sheepdog at the end of their work; time now for the shepherd to give the dog a drink of water while he or she can settle down with an award winning bottle of beer which can be purchased from event sponsors, Mole Valley Farmers.”
You may also want to watch:
The event will also feature the Devon Country Fayre and proceeds will go to North Devon Hospice.
Advance tickets are available at North Devon Hospice shops and Mole Valley Farmers stores as well as online at www.devoncountryfayre.co.uk
- 1 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 2 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 5 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 6 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 7 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 8 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 9 Tributes paid to North Devon librarian Ian Tansley
- 10 Great Big Green Week backed by North Devon Council