Sheepdog ale is worth a trial
- Credit: Archant
Spcially beer brewed to celebrate the return of the English National Sheep Dog Trials to North Devon.
A BIDEFORD brewery has produced a special beer to celebrate the return of the English National Sheep Dog Trials to Filleigh’s Castle Hill Estate.
The Big Sheep Brewery, which is co-sponsoring the trials, has launched ‘That’ll Do!’ ahead of the event taking place on the weekend of, July 19-21.
Former shepherd-turned Big Sheep director Rick Turner, said: “It is incredibly exciting to have the very best shepherds and shepherdesses with their faithful collie dogs coming to North Devon for the climax of the sheepdog trialling calendar again this year.
“‘That’ll do!’ is the command given to a sheepdog at the end of their work; time now for the shepherd to give the dog a drink of water while he or she can settle down with an award winning bottle of beer which can be purchased from event sponsors, Mole Valley Farmers.”
You may also want to watch:
The event will also feature the Devon Country Fayre and proceeds will go to North Devon Hospice.
Advance tickets are available at North Devon Hospice shops and Mole Valley Farmers stores as well as online at www.devoncountryfayre.co.uk
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 3 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 4 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 5 Barnstaple Pannier Market support return of Barnstaple In Bloom
- 6 North Devon MP Selaine Saxby leads World Ocean Day debate
- 7 Barnstaple Roundtable focuses on the importance of defibrillators
- 8 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 9 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
- 10 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail