Shed severely damaged by fire in Ilfracombe


- Credit: Archant

Fire crews were called to the scene on Saturday afternoon.

A GARDEN shed was severely damaged when a fire broke out in Beach Road, Ilfracombe on Saturday.

A fire engine from Ilfracombe was scrambled to the scene at 2pm to find the shed well alight.

Fire fighters used two breathing apparatus wearers and one hose reel jet to extinguish the fire, and took time to turn over and dampen down hot spots.

The cause of the fire was believed to be accidental.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter