Shebbear ranked in top 20 postcodes in the country
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
New study shows the North Devon village is one of the most desirable area to bring up a young family.
A NEW report has identified Shebbear in North Devon as one of the top 20 areas in the country to bring up a family.
The village was ranked 15th by the Family Investments report, which showed Shebbear performed well on the bases of excellent school results and a low crime rate.
The Friendly Hotspots Report looked at all 2,400 postcodes across England and Wales, by analysing 67 different data sets.
Shebbear scored well due to its very low crime rates of 0.03 per cent – a sixth of the national average.
You may also want to watch:
It also has high achieving schools with 57 per cent of GCSE students achieving grades A* - C in core subjects, and with 40 per cent of early years care centres rated as outstanding.
Other figures taken to account in the study included house prices, parks and green spaces, affordability of child care and the existing population of parents with young children.
- 1 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 2 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 3 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Northam Murder: Judge tells jury to put aside emotion
- 6 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 7 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 8 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing
- 9 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 10 Lockdown breaker caught dealing cannabis in Barnstaple
Bingham in Nottinghamshire was ranked as the number one postcode in the study.