Shaun will be guest at the BIG Sheep Grand National
SHAUN the Sheep will be the celebrity guest at Saturday s Grand National Sheepstakes at the BIG Sheep family attraction just outside Bideford. The wacky race, featuring six of the region s top show jumping sheep will start at 3.50pm and Shaun will be the
SHAUN the Sheep will be the celebrity guest at Saturday's Grand National Sheepstakes at the BIG Sheep family attraction just outside Bideford.
The wacky race, featuring six of the region's top show jumping sheep will start at 3.50pm and Shaun will be the starter. Visitors will be able to place bets on their favourites.
Shaun, who first appeared on TV in 1995, will be helping "Honest Joe," the BIG Sheep bookie, sharing inside betting tips with visitors.
Claire Payne marketing executive at the BIG Sheep said: "I'm hugely excited about meeting the real Shaun the Sheep and giving him a great big hug! My nephews, who are two and five years old think I'm the best Auntie ever for welcoming Shaun to the BIG Sheep and I'm sure many other children will be keen to meet him in person and see how friendly and cute he is in real life!"
You may also want to watch:
The BIG Sheep team are hoping that the sixracing sheep will not be too star-struck when they see Shaun from Tattersall's Enclosure where he will start the race from.
Rick Turner, director of the BIG Sheep team, said: "Our six racing sheep have been in training all winter and take the race extremely seriously. Each sheep strives for first place, so we're hoping that when they run down the track through Shepherd's Brook, round the Ewe Turn and see Shaun the Sheep cheering them on they will not freeze with the shock of seeing their idol!
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 6 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 7 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 8 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
- 9 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 10 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand