Share memories of Exmoor at Lynmouth Pavilion
- Credit: Archant
Sample coffee at the new Pavilion and help heritage project get underway.
COFFEE mornings at the new Lynmouth Pavilion this month will invite people to talk about ‘their Exmoor’.
Louise Reynolds and Jess Twydall from the Heritage Lottery Funded Lynmouth Pavilion Project are encouraging local people to share their memories, stories, photos, postcards, maps or even drawings.
All are welcome to attend the events, on Tuesday of next week (November 12) from 10am to 12 noon and Thursday November 28 from 5 to 7pm.
There is a permanent drop in station at the Pavilion for capturing ‘Your Exmoor’ with a notebook for people to jot down their typical ‘Exmoor Day’.
You may also want to watch:
In due course, the team will be providing facilities for people to edit films of their adventures around the moor and new recruit Kyle Chivers will be donating a film kayaking from Watersmeet to Lynmouth.
Louise Reynolds says: “We are really looking forward to meeting people at the coffee mornings and hearing about their memories of the area and we also have some drop-in sessions primarily planned to recruit volunteers, but anyone who would like to come along for a chat about Exmoor will be very welcome.”
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 3 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 4 Barnstaple Roundtable focuses on the importance of defibrillators
- 5 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 6 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 7 North Devon MP Selaine Saxby leads World Ocean Day debate
- 8 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 9 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 10 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar