Shanty time at Clovelly
THOSE Peshky Pishkies and Merlin plus other entertainers will be among the attractions at the Clovelly Maritime Festival on Sunday to raise money for the North Devon Hospice. The event at Clovelly Harbour runs from 10am until 5pm and is packed with ente
THOSE Peshky Pishkies" and Merlin plus other entertainers will be among the attractions at the Clovelly Maritime Festival on Sunday to raise money for the North Devon Hospice.
The event at Clovelly Harbour runs from 10am until 5pm and is packed with entertainment for all ages, activities and local produce.
Finally dry after his three-day stint in the harbour, Merlin Cadogan will be there performing his signature act of juggling with fire, while wearing a diving helmet filled with water and escaping from chains.
The giant sea creatures "Those Peshky Pishkies" from Stiltskin Theatre will be hanging about in their fantastic finny finery.
You may also want to watch:
Meet Ebb'nFlo, who has the gift of the guppy and the sneaky Naughtycus...
Alongside them will be the inventive Professor Goodvibe's Punch and Judy show plus nautical folk songs from shanty singers Shake a Leg, Shanty Jack and Hanging Johnny.
- 1 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 2 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 3 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 4 North Devon architectural practice appoints new director
- 5 Bid for £34 million to improve Devon's bus services submitted
- 6 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 7 New app 'Dscvr' promoting North Devon town centres set to launch
- 8 Meet former Children's Laureate Michael Morpurgo in Barnstaple
- 9 Barnstaple Waterstones to host first event since March 2020
- 10 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
There will also be a musical bone workshop, a magic show, balloon and mask workshops plus a variety of stalls selling fresh fish, oysters lobster and crab, as well as arts and crafts, plus a pig roast on the beach. For more information visit www.clovelly.co.uk or call (01237) 431781.