Shanty time at Clovelly
THOSE Peshky Pishkies and Merlin plus other entertainers will be among the attractions at the Clovelly Maritime Festival on Sunday to raise money for the North Devon Hospice. The event at Clovelly Harbour runs from 10am until 5pm and is packed with ente
THOSE Peshky Pishkies" and Merlin plus other entertainers will be among the attractions at the Clovelly Maritime Festival on Sunday to raise money for the North Devon Hospice.
The event at Clovelly Harbour runs from 10am until 5pm and is packed with entertainment for all ages, activities and local produce.
Finally dry after his three-day stint in the harbour, Merlin Cadogan will be there performing his signature act of juggling with fire, while wearing a diving helmet filled with water and escaping from chains.
The giant sea creatures "Those Peshky Pishkies" from Stiltskin Theatre will be hanging about in their fantastic finny finery.
You may also want to watch:
Meet Ebb'nFlo, who has the gift of the guppy and the sneaky Naughtycus...
Alongside them will be the inventive Professor Goodvibe's Punch and Judy show plus nautical folk songs from shanty singers Shake a Leg, Shanty Jack and Hanging Johnny.
- 1 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 2 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 3 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 4 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 5 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 6 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 7 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 8 £100K funding to Torridge towns to support recovery post Covid-19
- 9 Northam widow was found half under her bed by carer
- 10 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president
There will also be a musical bone workshop, a magic show, balloon and mask workshops plus a variety of stalls selling fresh fish, oysters lobster and crab, as well as arts and crafts, plus a pig roast on the beach. For more information visit www.clovelly.co.uk or call (01237) 431781.