Shake a leg and join Walk for Wards in Barnstaple
- Credit: Archant
Help the hospital, health department or appeal of your choice at Barnstaple historical trail fundraiser this Sunday (June 20).
THERE is still time for walkers of all ages to take part in the first ever Walk for Wards in Barnstaple this Sunday.
The historical circular trail begins in The Square at 2pm and participants can raise money for any local hospital ward or department of their choice.
The 3.5 mile trail around the centre of Barnstaple will be led by local historian Tom Evans, with the opportunity to discover plenty of interesting nuggets of town history along the way.
It promises to be a great social event for your family and friends of all ages. The Hospital Charity has also teamed up with Go North Devon to offer an alternative route for those with mobility issues to take part.
You may also want to watch:
It is the first time the national event has been held in Barnstaple and each person taking part is asked to raise at least £15 – which they can donate to any local hospital cause, from the Chemo Appeal to the children’s ward.
Paula Swanson of Swimbridge will be bringing family and friends along to take part in the event: “I am really looking forward to raising funds for one of the hospitals with my son Finn and finding out more about the history of Barnstaple,” she said.
There is still time register and take part, just contact the fundraising team on 01271 311772, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.northdevonhealth.nhs.uk/fundraising
- 1 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 2 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 3 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
- 4 Exmoor Ramble legacy for legendary fundraiser as he battles terminal cancer
- 5 Weather warning of snow and ice for Devon this weekend
- 6 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 7 Barnstaple man cleared of drug dealing charges
- 8 Barnstaple man’s 5k-a-day challenge for children’s hospice
- 9 Barnstaple man attacked his wife and neighbour after Christmas drink
- 10 Farmer gets suspended sentence for tractor crash