Shades of The Beatles crossing Abbey Road
Schoolchildren get a safe crossing place with a little help from their friends
PILTON schools, Devon County Council and police have Come Together to do Something to improve road safety on a busy Barnstaple street.
Pupils of Pathfields, Pilton Infants’, Pilton Bluecoats and Pilton Community College needed a little Help getting to and from school after the council was unable to fill a vacancy for a school crossing patrol supervisor.
But their Long and Winding Road to school is now a little safer thanks to the completion of a �35,000 zebra crossing at the corner of Fair View and Abbey Road.
Day Trippers and commuters taking a Magical Mystery Tour along the street will now have to Slow Down and Wait for pedestrians using the crossing.
You may also want to watch:
Councillor Stuart Hughes, Devon County Council Cabinet Member for Highways and Transportation, said: “The council has listened to the schools and parents who wanted a crossing at this location, and said We Can Work It Out.”
- 1 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 2 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
- 3 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 4 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon
- 5 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 6 Nightwalk returns for 2021 with brand-new venue
- 7 Rotarians have great time helping Lampard School pupils
- 8 North Devon benefit fiddler must cash in pension to repay the money
- 9 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 10 Man dies in crash involving bicycle and car in Bideford