Seven taking on London Marathon for North Devon hospital departments
- Credit: Archant
Several good causes at Barnstaple’s hospital are being championed by local London Marathon runners this year
A magnificent seven runners are taking on the London Marathon this April for departments dear to their hearts at North Devon District Hospital.
In support of the hospital charity Over and Above, they will be running for the Seamoor Chemotherapy Unit, the Special Care Baby Unit, CREADO (supporting patients with breathing difficulties), Day Surgery and the Caroline Thorpe children’s Ward.
Janet Regan, 47, from Barnstaple is taking part in the Virgin Money London Marathon for the Seamoor Unit and gained her place through North Devon Athletic Club.
Her husband Keith and some very good friends are undergoing treatment and palliative care, and she has decided to raise funds towards a new cancer support unit.
Sponsor Janet at: https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Janet-Regan4
You may also want to watch:
Lucy Boyen, 30, from Combe Martin is also running for Seamoor. She said: “I have seen at first-hand how much the unit benefits people and I want to do everything I can to help.”
Sponsor Lucy at: https://www.justgiving.com/runninglucy86
Leslie Moore 58, and his daughter Chantal, 25, from Bideford, are running for SCBU. Lucy will divide her proceeds between SCBU and Little John’s House for children in Romania.
Sponsor them at: http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/team/chantsles
- 1 Yelland power station development set for approval despite 700 objections
- 2 Search for missing Ilfracombe woman Hannah Peacock continues
- 3 Schizophrenic mugger sent to mental unit after Barnstaple robbery
- 4 Crooked party leader with ties to Bideford was a serial conman
- 5 The boy in the tent Max Woosey receives prestigious award
- 6 Drug driver banned after crashing during chase through North Devon
- 7 Old Tannery in South Molton to be turned into new homes
- 8 Egg-ceptional packaging design from autistic Petroc student Brooke
- 9 Fugitive jailed after car chase between Bideford and Barnstaple
- 10 Men admit Ilfracombe park stabbing
Bradworthy Running Club member Lesley Taylor, 52, of West Putford is running for the CREADO Project.
Sponsor Lesley at: https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/1woman-26miles
Day surgery staff nurse Caroline Reed, 39 of Milton Damerel, is running for the unit where she works. She said: “I want to raise funds to make the Day Surgery Unit friendlier to our younger patients by having a mural painted on one of the bay walls.”
Sponsor Caroline at: http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/carolinereed2
The Caroline Thorpe Ward is supported by Ben Fouracre, 47, from Braunton.
Sponsor Ben at: https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/BenFouracre