Set out your stall for Barnstaple Carnival
As the big day of Saturday, September 22 looms, anyone wanting a slice of the carnival action is invited to get in touch.
AS Barnstaple Carnival approaches, local groups and businesses have been invited to secure themselves a prime position on the day.
Organisers are seeking charities, clubs, commercial business or any kind of group that wishes to have a stall on the Square and the Strand from around midday on Saturday, September 22.
There is live music on the Square from 1pm and through the afternoon, leading up to the crowning of 18-year-old carnival queen Immy Dawes at 5.30pm.
The popular Kidz Karnival parade will take place at 3.30pm and the main carnival parade will move off at 6pm.
You may also want to watch:
It means there should be plenty of people in and around the town centre for the afternoon and a good opportunity for organisations to showcase what they do.
The Kidz Karnival will assemble on the Strand from 2.30pm, with judging at 3pm. The procession will make its way along Boutport Street and the High Street to Cross Street then back to the Strand.
- 1 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 2 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 3 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 4 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 5 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 6 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 7 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 8 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 9 MISSING: Police search for David Kose from Ilfracombe
- 10 Street food traders revealed for South Molton Food and Drink Festival
The main carnival procession will form up along Castle Street and North Walk this year and vehicles can be in place from 3.30pm, requested to arrive via the Rolle Quay direction.
Judging is at approximately 4.30pm. The parade will make its way along the Strand to the Square, then along Belle Meadow, Queen Street, Boutport Street, Mermaid walk and return to North Walk.
Any groups that would like to book a stall for the day are invited to call Andy Shiner on 373180 or email email@example.com. For more carnival information and to download entry forms, go to www.barnstaplecarnival.co.uk.