Session highlights funding for fishing industry
Funding is available to projects which help promote sustainable local fishing in North Devon.
A DROP in event is being held for businesses, fishermen and community groups to find out more about funding available for projects supporting the local fishing industry tomorrow (Tuesday).
The Northern Devon Fisheries Local Action Group (FLAG) will be hosting the event at the Bideford Red’s Amateur Rowing Club on The Quay in Bideford from 2pm until 7pm.
Funding is available for projects ranging from food businesses and tourism to training, education, or heritage projects.
Chrissie Ingle, FLAG project development officer, said: “This is a way for people who have thought about applying to FLAG to come and find out more about the programme.”
You may also want to watch:
The aim of FLAG is to strengthen fishing communities and develop a sustainable fisheries sector to make it easier to source fresh, locally landed fish in Northern Devon
The drop in event will have two presentations at 2.30pm and 5.30pm and there will be the opportunity for people to talk to the team about the programme and the opportunities that it provides.
- 1 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 2 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 3 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 4 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 5 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 6 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 7 Appeal launched to raise £100,000 for new play equipment in Bideford
- 8 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 9 7 top tips to help you find the perfect wedding venue
- 10 North Devon's Amy Riley takes her motorsports dream to next level
For more information visit: www.northdevonplus.com/what-we-do/flag_home.aspx