Session highlights funding for fishing industry
Funding is available to projects which help promote sustainable local fishing in North Devon.
A DROP in event is being held for businesses, fishermen and community groups to find out more about funding available for projects supporting the local fishing industry tomorrow (Tuesday).
The Northern Devon Fisheries Local Action Group (FLAG) will be hosting the event at the Bideford Red’s Amateur Rowing Club on The Quay in Bideford from 2pm until 7pm.
Funding is available for projects ranging from food businesses and tourism to training, education, or heritage projects.
Chrissie Ingle, FLAG project development officer, said: “This is a way for people who have thought about applying to FLAG to come and find out more about the programme.”
You may also want to watch:
The aim of FLAG is to strengthen fishing communities and develop a sustainable fisheries sector to make it easier to source fresh, locally landed fish in Northern Devon
The drop in event will have two presentations at 2.30pm and 5.30pm and there will be the opportunity for people to talk to the team about the programme and the opportunities that it provides.
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 3 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 4 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 5 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 6 Contactless donation station for Chemohero at Affinity Devon
- 7 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 8 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 9 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 10 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
For more information visit: www.northdevonplus.com/what-we-do/flag_home.aspx