'Serious collision' prompts long road closure in Bideford
- Credit: Supplied
A ‘serious collision’ in Bideford this evening has prompted police to close a main road for a number of hours.
Parts of Northam Road are closed after an incident outside Rydon Car Sales near the junction with Kingsley Road.
It is believed the crash was first reported to the police at around 6.35pm.
The North Devon Roads Policing Unit’s Sgt Steve BJ alerted the public via Twitter to expect road closures this evening. He wrote: “Northam Road Bideford: Serious Collision outside Rydon Car Sales.
“Please avoid Bideford Town as there will be road closures for the foreseeable whilst an investigation commences. Thank you for your patience.”
You may also want to watch:
The Gazette has contacted Devon and Cornwall Police for more information, check back for updates.
- 1 Heavy traffic in Barnstaple after crash involving car and pedestrian
- 2 UPDATE: Two people airlifted to hospital after A361 Link Road crash
- 3 Torrington school switches to remote learning after Covid cases
- 4 Rescue dog finally finds forever home after more than 200 days
- 5 Farmer who caused lamb ‘unnecessary suffering’ given two year ban
- 6 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 7 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 8 A39 Atlantic Highway near new school 'safe' after no collisions in two years
- 9 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 10 Covid case rise in Devon's young people prompts warning