Series of shed and garage break-ins at South Molton
Police investigating after a spate of incidents in the Poltimore Road area.
HOMEOWNERS in South Molton have been warned to be on the alert after a number break-ins at sheds and garages in the area.
Police said they had received reports of around five incidents and hinges had been removed to gain entry. Property wasn’t stolen in each case, but a bicycle was taken form one location while in another garage the freezer had been completely defrosted.
A police spokesman said the offences had mainly occurred in the Poltimore Road area of South Molton.
He added: “We want to make residents aware and would encourage them to check the security of garages and outbuildings. Please give consideration ensuring good padlocks or locks are fitted so your belongings are reasonably secure to deter these thieves.”
You may also want to watch:
If anyone witnessed any suspicious activity late on Saturday night and into Sunday morning or has any information about the incidents call police on 101 quoting reference CS/11/501, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 2 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 3 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 4 People in North Devon urged to take up the vaccine to help protect others
- 5 Alison Hernandez vows to get tough on crime as she retains PCC role
- 6 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 7 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
- 8 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 9 Ton-up Brend helps Bideford set early pace
- 10 MP welcomes free virtual funding workshop for North Devon charities