Series of shed and garage break-ins at South Molton
Police investigating after a spate of incidents in the Poltimore Road area.
HOMEOWNERS in South Molton have been warned to be on the alert after a number break-ins at sheds and garages in the area.
Police said they had received reports of around five incidents and hinges had been removed to gain entry. Property wasn’t stolen in each case, but a bicycle was taken form one location while in another garage the freezer had been completely defrosted.
A police spokesman said the offences had mainly occurred in the Poltimore Road area of South Molton.
He added: “We want to make residents aware and would encourage them to check the security of garages and outbuildings. Please give consideration ensuring good padlocks or locks are fitted so your belongings are reasonably secure to deter these thieves.”
You may also want to watch:
If anyone witnessed any suspicious activity late on Saturday night and into Sunday morning or has any information about the incidents call police on 101 quoting reference CS/11/501, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 4 Council bids for Levelling Up funding for Ilfracombe
- 5 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 6 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 7 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 8 Huntsmen fined for digging badger sett near Chulmleigh
- 9 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 10 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe