Series of shed and garage break-ins at South Molton
Police investigating after a spate of incidents in the Poltimore Road area.
HOMEOWNERS in South Molton have been warned to be on the alert after a number break-ins at sheds and garages in the area.
Police said they had received reports of around five incidents and hinges had been removed to gain entry. Property wasn’t stolen in each case, but a bicycle was taken form one location while in another garage the freezer had been completely defrosted.
A police spokesman said the offences had mainly occurred in the Poltimore Road area of South Molton.
He added: “We want to make residents aware and would encourage them to check the security of garages and outbuildings. Please give consideration ensuring good padlocks or locks are fitted so your belongings are reasonably secure to deter these thieves.”
You may also want to watch:
If anyone witnessed any suspicious activity late on Saturday night and into Sunday morning or has any information about the incidents call police on 101 quoting reference CS/11/501, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 2 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 3 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 4 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 5 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 6 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 7 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 8 Fangtastic half-term Halloween fun at Yeo Valley Woodland
- 9 Bid for £34 million to improve Devon's bus services submitted
- 10 New app 'Dscvr' promoting North Devon town centres set to launch