Sensational slimmer inspired to change career
- Credit: Archant
The former GP practice manager was so inspired by her weight loss she decided to become a Slimming World consultant.
A FOMER GP practice manager has turned her life and career around after losing 7.5 stone in weight in 14 months.
Tracy Green, from Buckland Brewer, became desperately unhappy after reaching more than 20 stone in weight, and decided enough was enough.
The 40-year-old hit rock bottom when she couldn’t go swimming with her children and her husband started sleeping in the spare room due to her snoring.
Tracy said she barely recognised herself at her heaviest point and as a last resort sought a referral for weight loss surgery.
You may also want to watch:
In a bid to lose some weight before any operation, Tracy joined Slimming World and by April, she had been awarded The Greatest Loser in her group having lost five stone.
She and was so inspired by her lifestyle change she cancelled her pre-operative appointment.
- 1 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 2 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 3 MISSING: Police search for David Kose from Ilfracombe
- 4 Street food traders revealed for South Molton Food and Drink Festival
- 5 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 6 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 7 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 8 Celebrating 15 years of North Devon charity Families in Grief
- 9 North Devon Emergency Department in top ten for patient experience
- 10 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
In a complete career change, Tracy also left her job and will become a Slimming World consultant with her new group meeting in Northam.
She said: “Running Race for Life was a huge goal for me and I was blown away when we came in at 38 minutes, as I couldn’t have walked it the previous year.
“I think that had to be one of the biggest achievements of the year to date.
“My health has improved dramatically and I no longer worry about being at risk of having a stroke or heart attack which I was possibly heading towards.
“I’m told I look so much younger and I know I should be around for many years for my children and their children.”
Tracy, who has been nominated for Woman of the Year within her group, will be opening a brand new group on September 2.
The group will meet at St George’s Infant school in Northam every week at 7.30pm. For more information contact Tracy on 07900 933347.