Sensational slimmer inspired to change career
- Credit: Archant
The former GP practice manager was so inspired by her weight loss she decided to become a Slimming World consultant.
A FOMER GP practice manager has turned her life and career around after losing 7.5 stone in weight in 14 months.
Tracy Green, from Buckland Brewer, became desperately unhappy after reaching more than 20 stone in weight, and decided enough was enough.
The 40-year-old hit rock bottom when she couldn’t go swimming with her children and her husband started sleeping in the spare room due to her snoring.
Tracy said she barely recognised herself at her heaviest point and as a last resort sought a referral for weight loss surgery.
You may also want to watch:
In a bid to lose some weight before any operation, Tracy joined Slimming World and by April, she had been awarded The Greatest Loser in her group having lost five stone.
She and was so inspired by her lifestyle change she cancelled her pre-operative appointment.
- 1 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 2 Tractor guidance systems taken from farm near Bideford
- 3 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 4 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 5 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 6 South Molton youngsters enjoy Land Rover Premiership Rugby Cup
- 7 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 8 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 9 Teams needed for Appledore RNLI Boat Pull
- 10 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
In a complete career change, Tracy also left her job and will become a Slimming World consultant with her new group meeting in Northam.
She said: “Running Race for Life was a huge goal for me and I was blown away when we came in at 38 minutes, as I couldn’t have walked it the previous year.
“I think that had to be one of the biggest achievements of the year to date.
“My health has improved dramatically and I no longer worry about being at risk of having a stroke or heart attack which I was possibly heading towards.
“I’m told I look so much younger and I know I should be around for many years for my children and their children.”
Tracy, who has been nominated for Woman of the Year within her group, will be opening a brand new group on September 2.
The group will meet at St George’s Infant school in Northam every week at 7.30pm. For more information contact Tracy on 07900 933347.