See Hollywood blockbuster for free in Combe Martin
A free night at the cinema is on offer in Combe Martin this Sunday with the showing of canine comedy Marley and Me. The first in a series of monthly film screenings at the Village Hall is being shown completely free of charge as the hall committee invite
A free night at the cinema is on offer in Combe Martin this Sunday with the showing of canine comedy Marley and Me.
The first in a series of monthly film screenings at the Village Hall is being shown completely free of charge as the hall committee invite families and movie fans to go along and experience the new screen, sound system and projection equipment.
The hall has also recently undergone refurbishment and its once ancient heating system is now able to warm up the whole building with ease.
The family film Marley and Me is about a couple who take on a hyperactive labrador puppy and follows the chaotic and heartwarming story of their years together.
You may also want to watch:
Based on the true memoirs of American reporter John Grogan, it stars Owen Wilson and Jennifer Aniston as the hapless couple.
The PG rated film begins at 4pm and all are welcome to just turn up and join the emotional rollercoaster of canine capers, although children aged under 12 must be accompanied by an adult. The bar will be open.
- 1 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 2 I'm Still Standing: Ambulance worker's battle against the darkness
- 3 Tributes to Ilfracombe's 30-year school governor
- 4 Barnstaple's The ilab launches iPad appeal to help lockdown home schoolers
- 5 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody
- 6 'Bonkers' idea led to the creation of Children's Hospice South West
- 7 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 8 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 9 Roger McGough unveiled as Plough Poetry Prize judge
- 10 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
It is hoped as many as possible will come along to enjoy the free film and a taste of the Combe Martin cinema experience on the first Sunday of every month. The next film will be the computer generated 3D animation of Monsters Vs Aliens on November 1.