Security conference hosted by Petroc
NORTH Devon door supervisors or anyone with an interest in the security industry is invited to a conference being hosted by Petroc at its Tiverton campus. The seventh Security Industry Authority (SIA) Door Supervision Network meeting will be held on Wedne
NORTH Devon door supervisors or anyone with an interest in the security industry is invited to a conference being hosted by Petroc at its Tiverton campus.
The seventh Security Industry Authority (SIA) Door Supervision Network meeting will be held on Wednesday, March 31 and will provide an opportunity to discuss issues key to the industry and will focus on current counter terrorism, identification, the new physical skills qualification and legislation.
Speakers will include members of MI5, Special Branch, the SIA itself, the Home Office and Devon and Cornwall Constabulary.
The SIA is responsible for regulating the private security industry, including the compulsory licensing of individuals working in specific sectors of the private security industry.
You may also want to watch:
As an approved centre for all aspects of security training, Petroc has worked closely with the SIA to ensure the industry remains competent and trained in the required legislative requirements.
The Door Supervision Network is in its third year and having previously been hosted in London, Nottingham and Birmingham, Petroc is pleased to be able to host the event in Devon.
- 1 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 2 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 3 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 4 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 5 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 6 People and businesses asked to join Barnstaple clean up
- 7 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 8 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 9 Barnstaple amateur rider achieves lifelong ambition
- 10 Good news for Combe Martin’s water quality
"This is a unique opportunity for the South West to engage with a national body," said Gerald Eva, security services tutor at Petroc.
"Petroc has made a substantial commitment to developing the security industry competence and hopes to become a valued resource for all those involved in the sector."
The event will run from 11am, with registration open from 10, until 4pm. Places cost a subsidised rate of �25 per person and to book, contact Becky Court at Petroc on (01271) 338007, e-mail email@example.com or visit www.petroc.ac.uk.