Second smaller attempt for new homes off Goodleigh Road
- Credit: Archant
After plans for 182 homes rejected, developers return with reduced 62 home scheme.
A new plan for houses off Goodleigh Road in Barnstaple has been lodged less than a year after a large scheme was rejected at appeal.
Wainhomes (South West) Holdings Limited is now seeking permission for 62 homes and associated infrastructure on land which had formed part of a larger plan for 182 properties.
The current plan covers a third of the former site and focuses on a five acre section bounded by Goodleigh Road to the south and two properties, Tollgate Cottage and Wellclose, on the south eastern.
A statement accompanying the proposal said the scheme had evolved following the previous refusal. It said the reasons for refusal were taken into account and Wainhomes had revised the number of proposed properties.
You may also want to watch:
The plan seeks to create a new vehicle access from Goodleigh Road, together with a mixture of terraced, detached and semi-detached dwellings with bungalows, two storey and two-and-a-half storey properties.
North Devon Council’s decision to refuse the previous application was upheld at appeal in February, inspector Jessica Graham saying it would cause ‘serious harm’ to the landscape setting of the town.
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 3 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 4 Barnstaple Roundtable focuses on the importance of defibrillators
- 5 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 6 North Devon MP Selaine Saxby leads World Ocean Day debate
- 7 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 8 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 9 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
- 10 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
She dismissed the appeal due to access arrangements and the proposed development’s impact on the character, services and infrastructure of the surrounding area.