Second raid on Torrington scrap metal yard
POLICE are appealing for witnesses after thieves raided a Torrington scrap metal yard for the second time in six weeks. Copper, brass, bags of metal, various tools and cans of fuel, together worth around �11,000 were taken in the latest incident at Deepmo
POLICE are appealing for witnesses after thieves raided a Torrington scrap metal yard for the second time in six weeks.
Copper, brass, bags of metal, various tools and cans of fuel, together worth around �11,000 were taken in the latest incident at Deepmoor Metal Processors' Yard in the early hours of yesterday (Monday) morning.
Only last week, yard owners Arthur and Patricia Poulton offered a reward through the Gazette for information leading to conviction of thieves who stole scrap worth more than �80,000 in a similar raid on Friday, August 13.
Mrs Poulton told the Gazette yesterday (Tuesday): "I feel so vulnerable and scared it's untrue. I just don't want to be here any more.I am afraid they will target us again."
You may also want to watch:
Police are reviewing CCTV footage taken during the raid, which occurred between 2.30-4am yesterday morning. Around 1.5 tons of copper and a ton of brass were taken.
"We are appealing to anyone who may have seen any vehicles in the area of the yard, which would be unusual for this time in the morning," a spokesman said. Anyone with information should contact police on 08452 777444 quoting crime referrence CT/10/425 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.
- 1 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 2 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 3 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 4 North Devon architectural practice appoints new director
- 5 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 6 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 7 Legg Power in ChemoHero fundraising
- 8 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 9 Council leader calls Government 'incompetent' and warns of 'winter of discontent'
- 10 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021