Second raid on Torrington scrap metal yard
POLICE are appealing for witnesses after thieves raided a Torrington scrap metal yard for the second time in six weeks. Copper, brass, bags of metal, various tools and cans of fuel, together worth around �11,000 were taken in the latest incident at Deepmo
POLICE are appealing for witnesses after thieves raided a Torrington scrap metal yard for the second time in six weeks.
Copper, brass, bags of metal, various tools and cans of fuel, together worth around �11,000 were taken in the latest incident at Deepmoor Metal Processors' Yard in the early hours of yesterday (Monday) morning.
Only last week, yard owners Arthur and Patricia Poulton offered a reward through the Gazette for information leading to conviction of thieves who stole scrap worth more than �80,000 in a similar raid on Friday, August 13.
Mrs Poulton told the Gazette yesterday (Tuesday): "I feel so vulnerable and scared it's untrue. I just don't want to be here any more.I am afraid they will target us again."
You may also want to watch:
Police are reviewing CCTV footage taken during the raid, which occurred between 2.30-4am yesterday morning. Around 1.5 tons of copper and a ton of brass were taken.
"We are appealing to anyone who may have seen any vehicles in the area of the yard, which would be unusual for this time in the morning," a spokesman said. Anyone with information should contact police on 08452 777444 quoting crime referrence CT/10/425 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.
- 1 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 4 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 5 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 6 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 7 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 8 Appledore RNLI's Matt Rowe passes out as lifeboat mechanic
- 9 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 10 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes