Second exhibition of BT wind farm plan at Ilfracombe
BT is to stage a second display of its proposals for three wind turbines at Great Shelfin Farm, Ilfracombe. The new display will take place at Ilfracombe s Landmark Theatre.. Staff from the BT Wind for Change project will be available between 2pm and 5pm
BT is to stage a second display of its proposals for three wind turbines at Great Shelfin Farm, Ilfracombe.
The new display will take place at Ilfracombe's Landmark Theatre.. Staff from the BT Wind for Change project will be available between 2pm and 5pm on Thursday and between 10am and 5pm on Friday. The details and drawings will then remain on show for viewing between 10am and 5pm until Thursday, November 5.
It follows a successful two-day exhibition of the proposals in the nearby village of West Down earlier this month, which was attended by more than 80 people.
Tom Martin, head of partnerships development for BT's wind farms project, said: "As an environmentally responsible company, BT wants to provide every opportunity for local people to see its proposals and comment on them. Visitors to the display will be able to leave comments, which will be included in the Statement of Community Involvement submitted to the local authority as part of the planning application."
You may also want to watch:
Details of BT's plans for developing green energy are available by clicking on the Wind for Change link on the www.btplc.com/climatechange website. It is expected that a planning application will be submitted later this Autumn.
- 1 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 2 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 3 Date set for reopening of Bideford Pannier Market
- 4 Rapid coronavirus tests now available across Devon
- 5 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice
- 6 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 7 Mystery over Barnstaple builder's death
- 8 Date set for Barnstaple Pannier Market reopening
- 9 Westward Ho! housing plan for 138 new homes approved
- 10 Prom schoolgirl killed as she crossed road near Trimstone