Second exhibition of BT wind farm plan at Ilfracombe
BT is to stage a second display of its proposals for three wind turbines at Great Shelfin Farm, Ilfracombe. The new display will take place at Ilfracombe s Landmark Theatre.. Staff from the BT Wind for Change project will be available between 2pm and 5pm
BT is to stage a second display of its proposals for three wind turbines at Great Shelfin Farm, Ilfracombe.
The new display will take place at Ilfracombe's Landmark Theatre.. Staff from the BT Wind for Change project will be available between 2pm and 5pm on Thursday and between 10am and 5pm on Friday. The details and drawings will then remain on show for viewing between 10am and 5pm until Thursday, November 5.
It follows a successful two-day exhibition of the proposals in the nearby village of West Down earlier this month, which was attended by more than 80 people.
Tom Martin, head of partnerships development for BT's wind farms project, said: "As an environmentally responsible company, BT wants to provide every opportunity for local people to see its proposals and comment on them. Visitors to the display will be able to leave comments, which will be included in the Statement of Community Involvement submitted to the local authority as part of the planning application."
You may also want to watch:
Details of BT's plans for developing green energy are available by clicking on the Wind for Change link on the www.btplc.com/climatechange website. It is expected that a planning application will be submitted later this Autumn.
- 1 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 2 Barnstaple man cleared of drug dealing charges
- 3 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
- 4 'Bonkers' idea led to the creation of Children's Hospice South West
- 5 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody
- 6 Barnstaple man attacked his wife and neighbour after Christmas drink
- 7 I'm Still Standing: Ambulance worker's battle against the darkness
- 8 Covid delays Barnstaple councillor's trial again
- 9 Barnstaple's The ilab launches iPad appeal to help lockdown home schoolers
- 10 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling