Second bite for Yelland homes plan
- Credit: Archant
Revised plans to be discussed at NDC planning committee
North Devon Council’s planning committee is being recommended to approve amended plans for 53 new homes in Yelland – as long as a youth shelter is also built.
Plans for the Allenstyle Road site were originally rejected in February as only 11 were proposed to be ‘affordable’.
And after a government inspector rejected an appeal in June, new plans outlining 16 affordable homes are set to come before the planning committee on Wednesday.
At the time, residents also aired concerns about flooding and traffic issues.
You may also want to watch:
The new plans are being recommended for approval by council planning officers.
- 1 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 2 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 3 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 4 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 5 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 6 North Devon grandad takes on 700 mile cycling challenge
- 7 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 8 Surf trio take on epic surf paddle challenge in memory of best friends
- 9 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 10 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon