Seasonal beer to ‘warm yer cockles’
Torrington brewer embraces the seasons
A TORRINGTON brewer has come up with the perfect way to help banish the winter blues.
Barrie Marden, head brewer at the independent Clearwater Brewery, has started producing a seasonal real ale at the Hatchmoor Common Lane brewery.
Winter’s Ale is a strong and distinctive cask conditioned chestnut coloured beer at 5.2 per cent abv.
It is brewed with malted barley from Tuckers Maltings in Newton Abbot, Devon and First Goldings and Fuggles hops from Kent.
You may also want to watch:
The pump clip follows the company’s new design and has a winter’s scene on it with the message ‘warms yer cockles’.
“This is a great warming winter beer that will be available until March, and really delivers on looks and taste,” said Barrie.
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 3 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 4 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 5 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 6 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 7 North Devon Emergency Department in top ten for patient experience
- 8 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 9 Great Big Green Week backed by North Devon Council
- 10 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
“It was formerly known as Oliver’s Nectar and has a loyal north Devon following that I hope we will be able to expand on over this winter.”
Clearwater beers are available in around 50 pubs and other retail outlets across North Devon and neighbouring areas.