Seasonal beer to ‘warm yer cockles’
Torrington brewer embraces the seasons
A TORRINGTON brewer has come up with the perfect way to help banish the winter blues.
Barrie Marden, head brewer at the independent Clearwater Brewery, has started producing a seasonal real ale at the Hatchmoor Common Lane brewery.
Winter’s Ale is a strong and distinctive cask conditioned chestnut coloured beer at 5.2 per cent abv.
It is brewed with malted barley from Tuckers Maltings in Newton Abbot, Devon and First Goldings and Fuggles hops from Kent.
You may also want to watch:
The pump clip follows the company’s new design and has a winter’s scene on it with the message ‘warms yer cockles’.
“This is a great warming winter beer that will be available until March, and really delivers on looks and taste,” said Barrie.
- 1 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 2 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 3 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 4 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 5 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
- 6 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 7 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 8 North Devon benefit fiddler must cash in pension to repay the money
- 9 Plans to demolish and redevelop Barnstaple Civic Centre finally submitted
- 10 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
“It was formerly known as Oliver’s Nectar and has a loyal north Devon following that I hope we will be able to expand on over this winter.”
Clearwater beers are available in around 50 pubs and other retail outlets across North Devon and neighbouring areas.