Search launched for missing Barnstaple woman
Serious concern for the welfare of Lindsay Maggs, 26
POLICE have launched a major search for a Barnstaple woman who was reported missing from her home yesterday evening (Thursday).
There is “serious concern” for the welfare of 26-year-old Lindsay Maggs, who is described as white, 5ft 7in tall, of very slim build with a shaven head.
She often wears a hooded top with the hood up and police believe she could be wearing a knee-length fawn coat with fur trim.
Lindsay, a keen walker may also have a pink rucksack with her and be wearing walking boots.
Police are urging members of the public to keep a look out for a woman matching this description anywhere in the North Devon area, particularly on defined walking paths such as the Tarka Trail and other popular dog walking areas.
Officers have been joined by volunteers from the Exmoor Search and Rescue Group, who have used extensive resources throughout the night and this morning in an effort to locate the woman.
- 1 Christmas Drive-In Cinema coming to Barnstaple
- 2 Indecent exposure near Barnstaple park under investigation
- 3 OPINION: Realising the full potential of the Celtic Sea - Selaine Saxby
- 4 Bideford Christmas Light Switch On dates announced
- 5 Hip-hop comes to Torrington Dental Practice
- 6 Bring the children to see Santa at Chivenor Christmas Craft Market
- 7 Hero soldier auctioning medals to provide ‘best opportunities’ for his children
- 8 Property of the Week: Hanson Park - Northam
- 9 Get dressed up to Race the Reindeer in Bideford this Christmas
- 10 OPINION: Myth busting the Green Lanes purchase - David Worden
If anyone believes they have seen Lindsay, they can call 08457 777444 and quote log number 30/817.