Search is on for Combe Martin carnival queen
COMBE Martin Carnival returns on August 8 with a week of fun, parades and events. There s a new committee behind the week of events, following a successful appeal in January to find new members to organise the carnival, which attracts thousands of people
COMBE Martin Carnival returns on August 8 with a week of fun, parades and events.
There's a new committee behind the week of events, following a successful appeal in January to find new members to organise the carnival, which attracts thousands of people every year.
A fresh line-up has been promised, along with favourites including the Carnival Parade on the Wednesday, the Wheel�barrow Parade on Friday and the Raft Race on Sunday.
The full carnival programme is now on sale at Galleon Gifts, Sue's, Monica's, the Post Office, the Top Garage and the Tourist Information Centre in the village.
You may also want to watch:
A new website gives diary and events details, as well as asking families to Fly the Flag for Combe Martin, by decorating homes and gardens with bunting and flags throughout the village.
As part of the build-up, a flag-making workshop is now being planned in late July/early August.
- 1 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 2 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 3 Weather warning of snow and ice for Devon this weekend
- 4 Exmoor Ramble legacy for legendary fundraiser as he battles terminal cancer
- 5 Farmer gets suspended sentence for tractor crash
- 6 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 7 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
- 8 Tributes to Ilfracombe's 30-year school governor
- 9 Barnstaple man attacked his wife and neighbour after Christmas drink
- 10 Barnstaple man cleared of drug dealing charges
The search is on to find the Carnival Queen and two attendants. The selected Queen will receive �50 prize money, a makeover from local make-up artist Jane Bowden and a voucher donated by local hair salon Scissors. Her two attendants will each receive �25.
"The carnival is a free event packed with entertainment for the whole family," said committee chairman Rob Schofield.
"The website means information will be accessible not only to local people, but also the many visitors who plan their holidays around our celebrations."
Visit the new website at www.combemartincarnival.com.