Search for North Devon hidden treasures
THE North Devon Coast Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty, which is celebrating its 50th anniversary this year, is inviting people to write in with their own personal hidden treasures, - places which they would like to share with others. Submissions can
THE North Devon Coast Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty, which is celebrating its 50th anniversary this year, is inviting people to write in with their own personal hidden treasures, - places which they would like to share with others.
Submissions can include anything from lesser known beauty spots and places to spot rare flora and fauna, to areas of special historical or geological interest - or perhaps somewhere that holds particular memories
Say what makes the place special in a maximum of 200 words and it might be included in the AONB's 50th anniversary brochure or other literature for local residents and visitors to enjoy.
All suggestions must arrive by Friday, October 2 and can either be emailed to email@example.com or posted to Gigha Berry, North Devon Coast Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty, Bideford Railway Station, Railway Terrace, Bideford EX31 1ED.
You may also want to watch:
Photographs sent by post are welcome but include a stamped addressed envelope for their return.
The North Devon Coast AONB was designated on September 10, 1959 and confirmed on May 25, 1960 in recognition of its stunning coastal landscape, which is of national and international importance. For 50 years the Partnership has protected and conserved the area and will honour this landmark birthday with a series of events highlighting the different aspects of life, culture, history and wildlife across the region from September 2009 to May 2010. For more information visit www.northdevon-aonb.org.uk.
- 1 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 2 2021 North Devon Show cancelled
- 3 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 4 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 5 Rapid coronavirus tests now available across Devon
- 6 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice
- 7 Date set for reopening of Bideford Pannier Market
- 8 Prince Philip's last North Devon visit remembered
- 9 Property of the Week: Ford Rise, Bideford
- 10 Flags fly at half mast across North Devon for Prince Philip