Search for missing man – body found
- Credit: Archant
Body discovered in near Swimbridge this morning.
THE family of missing Swimbridge man Christopher Barrow have been told a body of a man has been found.
The discovery was made at around 9.30am today (Wednesday) following a widespread search by police, Dartmoor and Exmoor Rescue Groups and the Devon Cave Search and Rescue Group.
The body was found by a member of the public on an isolated dog walking track in woodland, around a mile-and-a-half from Swimbridge.
Police said formal identification had not yet taken place and enquiries were continuing although they were not treating the death as suspicious.
You may also want to watch:
They confirmed that they had called off the search for Mr Barrow, aged 55, who was last spotted on foot with his pet lurcher dog on Monday lunchtime.
- 1 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 2 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 3 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 4 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 5 Barnstaple Pannier Market support return of Barnstaple In Bloom
- 6 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 7 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
- 8 Barnstaple Roundtable focuses on the importance of defibrillators
- 9 North Devon MP Selaine Saxby leads World Ocean Day debate
- 10 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale