Search for apprentices of 1969
SIR - On September 8, 1969 six blokes from Falmouth came to Bideford apprenticeship training centre along with some trainees from Penzance Bristol and Cardiff. I remember some of the local lads, Chris Smith, Barry Ackland. Once a week we would all go to
SIR - On September 8, 1969 six blokes from Falmouth came to Bideford apprenticeship training centre along with some trainees from Penzance Bristol and Cardiff.
I remember some of the local lads, Chris Smith, Barry Ackland. Once a week we would all go to Barnstaple College for courses in metallurgy and shipbuilding.
Up the High steet was a bar called The Swan where we would have gone for a drink had we been old enough, which we were not!
During that year we were invited to the opening of Appledore covered dry dock, plus some of us got a free flight to Majorca.
You may also want to watch:
After finishing my apprenticeship in 1973 I visited and later emigrated to Canada, where I am still welding for a living, and have my own business since 1997.
I would like to hear from any of the blokes. You can reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 2 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 3 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 4 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 5 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 6 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 7 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 8 GPs in Devon seeing more patients face-to-face than UK average
- 9 Northam widow was found half under her bed by carer
- 10 A361: Crash involving car and lorry blocks Link Road near South Molton
Michael Bullen, Ontario, Canada.